• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

Of course Newman starts if he comes back. His running is a dimension that Sam is not close to in skill or ability. Newman clearly wasn't 100 percent today so it may have been better to start Sam.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did this. If he stays at Wake, there’s a chance he could lose his job to an equally talented quarterback that still has years of eligibility against Newman’s one.

I think it would be a grad year, so he’d be eligible immediately as well. I don’t think it would be a dumb decision.

Jalen is graduating and OU isn’t afraid to depend on transfers to carry their offense. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them try to pick up one of our qbs as both have shown ability to move an offense and you have to figure they are going to try and pick off someone. Alabama and LSU may try the same. Jamie could have some interesting options. Hopefully having Sage, Greene, Walker and others is enough to bring him back.

Of course Newman starts if he comes back. His running is a dimension that Sam is not close to in skill or ability. Newman clearly wasn't 100 percent today so it may have been better to start Sam.

Newman can stand in there and deliver the ball under a lot of pressure too. Sam doesn’t hit our TE on that TD pass with defenders in his face like Jamie did. I think Jamie has been pretty beaten up the last 3 or 4 games.

Sam also doesn’t also likely miss so many short/intermediate routes, resulting in short drives that keep the defense on the field. I’m partial to Jamie because of his running ability and deep ball, but don’t think there’s much of a question that Sam is the more accurate passer.

Sam also doesn’t also likely miss so many short/intermediate routes, resulting in short drives that keep the defense on the field. I’m partial to Jamie because of his running ability and deep ball, but don’t think there’s much of a question that Sam is the more accurate passer.

I 100 percent agree with that and if Jamie comes back or wherever he plays next year, that has got to be his focus, being more accurate on the short/intermediate throws.

Jamie and Sam are both super accurate, but have different weaknesses.

Jamie has a robotic delivery. He doesn’t seem to be able to change his arm angle, but he excels at standing in the pocket under pressure (obviously).

Sam can make every throw in the world, but tends to go a little too gunslinger and isn’t very big (obviously).

I truly don’t understand how anyone can possibly consider Sam to be a net gain or even neutral vs. Jamie. Yes, Sam may go 7-10 on intermediate routes(vs. 6-10 for Jamie), but he’ll only gain 3 yards on a QB keep(vs. 5 for Jamie) and he’ll hit on 3-10 20+ yard throws(compared to 50% for Jamie). Sam is talented, but he’s a guy who can lead us to many 7-5 seasons- Jamie has the upside to lead us to 10-2 next year.

It’s comical and amateurish to believe that sam is remotely the threat that Newman is. I love Sam’s intensity and competitiveness, but he jumps the pocket too early and doesn’t have the vision that Newman does. Sam throws to a man, Jamie throws the man open.

I see the opposite way. Jamie locks onto one receiver too often and is slow to move to the next target. Easy to do well with Surratt and Washington, but I don't see the proper field vision from him yet. Sam isn't there, either, but he's a redshirt Freshman.

Spring and fall practice should be interesting. Let the better man win.

Whomever starts, the coaches need to give him a chance to succeed with improved and more varied play calling.

So true. Play calling is absolutely predictable. Run, run, pass.

Would love to do a poll in the morning to see what most board fans think between Jamie and Sam. I’m betting that the real knowledgeable fans who attend our games will agree it’s Jamie by a good margin. Nevertheless, the contrarian views are thought provoking.

Would love to do a poll in the morning to see what most board fans think between Jamie and Sam. I’m betting that the real knowledgeable fans who attend our games will agree it’s Jamie by a good margin. Nevertheless, the contrarian views are thought provoking.

I think both would have a better chance at being successful if Clawson and Ruggiero would add some creativity and mix things up just a slight bit. The run, run, pass formula is easy to catch onto as demonstrated by Michigan State’s second half shut out.

Jamie lost 5 of his last 7 games and really played sub-par when facing decent competition.

Fuck off with the thinly veiled insult. Everybody thinks they're "the real knowledgeable fan". None of our opinions matter squat.

Love Jamie, but we was bad today and poor the last month. He is a warrior, and we run him too much and it wore him down. Clawsen has got to retool the offense, and take some pressure off. Hopefully th online will hang tough next year.

I truly don’t understand how anyone can possibly consider Sam to be a net gain or even neutral vs. Jamie. Yes, Sam may go 7-10 on intermediate routes(vs. 6-10 for Jamie), but he’ll only gain 3 yards on a QB keep(vs. 5 for Jamie) and he’ll hit on 3-10 20+ yard throws(compared to 50% for Jamie). Sam is talented, but he’s a guy who can lead us to many 7-5 seasons- Jamie has the upside to lead us to 10-2 next year.
We ain’t going 10-2 next year. No how. No way.

Nevertheless might be one of my favorite words. It’s like a Hot Dog, fries and Dr Pepper for the price of one. A combo if you will.

Back