• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

This is just odd. Dude looked like an ACC POY candidate half way through the season. Must be something going on behind the scenes.

This is just odd. Dude looked like an ACC POY candidate half way through the season. Must be something going on behind the scenes.

I hate the transfer portal. I really do. Wake is always going to get the shit end of it.

It was kindof thrown out in jest, but I do wonder if he is headed to OU to room with Whitter.

Whaaat. Wasn't expecting that.

Just makes so little sense. This is an offensive system he knows well and clearly can excel running. If Sage weren’t coming back it makes more sense but you’ve got a known AA-level #1 receiver and a very dangerous young player opposite him to throw to. Not sure where he will find an opportunity to come in and be better positioned to maximize his potential AND actually win the starting job.

This makes no sense unless he finds a Goldilocks scenario where he can transfer to (1) a significantly bigger program with (2) a guarantee that he's the guy. How likely is that to happen? How many big-time programs have no other qb prospects, or can promise Jamie Newman he's not competing for the starting job?

Then, even if he does not find that perfect landing spot and wants to come back, he's now alienated the team and coaching staff. This isn't a Hinton situation. He was the starting qb with one year of eligibility left. Just a terrible move.

He's probably not going to play himself into a first rounder at Wake.

He will get that opportunity elsewhere and there is plenty of precedence this year for QBs excelling elsewhere. I totally get it, but hate it.

With all of that said, he could still come back.

So fucking weird. Especially for a guy who, from his public side, appeared to be a well-grounded leader.

Good luck. Hope he finds what he is looking for somewhere else.

Unless he has a promise from somewhere, this doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm not seeing the benefit of this at all. He is a leader on this team, he has a lot of weapons, and has the trust of the coaching staff. I am hoping he is just testing the waters, but if not am excited to see Hartman's time to shine.

Good luck to him, looks like Kern will be the backup (should Newman not reconsider) with Griffis having a shot as well

Back