• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

I wish Jamie well, but feel like with the Dortch situation last year, this is a mistake. But, I am often wrong!

I disagree with the notion that by playing for a "bigger" program he has a better shot at the NFL. Now, a better pro-style offense, maybe... Either way, I hope he has a ton of success and will look forward to seeing him play on Sundays!

man, what a bummer

kinda got some low-key vibes that Jamie and Clawson might not be on the same wavelength

If they were not on the same wave length, then Claw benches Newman against Syracuse real early, when he looked like he was on heavy Ny Quil or something, and does not even play him against MSU?

We win both of those games with Hartman as starting QB.

Is there any evidence Sam can throw a receiver open? Or a deep ball with touch? His patented move is a 45 mph strike. He's great for slot receivers given his propensity to look at the intermediate route, but I just think he has the patience, vision or touch. Anyone with clips showing Sam throwing a great deep ball, please share. Thanks.

He’s gonna be the top QB grad transfer I’d have to think. Could move to a team in the top 10-15 depending on their QB situation and analysis of Jamie

Let's not shit on Jamie because he is leaving. He was the among the best QBs Wake has had in some time. He's doing what he thinks is best for him. He was a good member of the team for some time.

He was part of a team that had him in the convo for player of the year to start the year, before injuries derailed things (again) at Wake Forest, a persistent problem for the smallest school in D1 football. Had Wake won a few more football games to finish out the season, maybe it doesn't play out this way.

hard to be mad about it given the system being what it is -- I'm defs gonna pull for Jamie wherever he goes

and anyone saying that there's no advantage to a QB's NFL prospects based on the prestige of the program is clueless

Just re-install the RPO system we ran with Wolford. More longevity for Sam if we ran that over the 20 carries a game for our QB system.

Seems like a really bizarre move. Hope it works for him wherever he lands.

Better pray he's the next Fields or Burrow and not the next Tate Martell.

hard to be mad about it given the system being what it is -- I'm defs gonna pull for Jamie wherever he goes

and anyone saying that there's no advantage to a QB's NFL prospects based on the prestige of the program is clueless

Daniel Jones says Hi!!! And Jordan Love is also trying to get your attention as well!!! Nevertheless, your point is directionally sound. If he goes to OK (or equivalent), then I totally get it.

I hate the transfer portal. I really do. Wake is always going to get the shit end of it.

It was kindof thrown out in jest, but I do wonder if he is headed to OU to room with Whitter.

Didn’t Hinton enter it and come back?

You would assume that the transfer theory is that Jamie doesn’t want to be tied to the Wake slow developing RPO again next year, and wants to showcase what he can do in an NFL type offense. Or there is something behind the scenes and we will never know the real reason.

Basham, Surratt return; Newman Enters Transfer Portal

Welp congrats Hartman Fan Bois you’ll get your wish now. Can’t wait to see us limp to 5-7. Wonder if Surratt and Basham will reconsider.

And Jamie, I feel you bro. Go somewhere you will be appreciated and where your body won’t be used to mask the team’s talent and scheme deficiencies. Fly away my prince.

Is there any evidence Sam can throw a receiver open? Or a deep ball with touch? His patented move is a 45 mph strike. He's great for slot receivers given his propensity to look at the intermediate route, but I just think he has the patience, vision or touch. Anyone with clips showing Sam throwing a great deep ball, please share. Thanks.

no offense here, but this is a douchy post

here's a deep ball with touch

Welp congrats Hartman Fan Bois you’ll get your wish now. Can’t wait to see us limp to 5-7. Wonder if Surratt and Basham will reconsider.

And Jamie, I feel you bro. Go somewhere you will be appreciated and where your body won’t be used to mask the team’s talent and scheme deficiencies. Fly away my prince.

another douchy post, but at least you are consistent in this theme

I'm guessing there are zero WF fans happy with this news (other than the happiness of laughing at those who said transfer talk was LOWF)

I'm not sure I agree with this scouting report -- Hartman doesn't have incredible arm strength, but he certainly has shown enough arm talent over the years. Just watching the FSU or Syracuse games this year (hell, even the two throws at the end of the Michigan St, even if neither was a completion).

I think Hartman's failings in the past have been more around lack of patience in the pocket (somewhat mitigated by good elusiveness) and some bad reads in the RPO -- although I thought they were a lot better this year than as a true frosh (not a huge surprise), plus being erratic on some longer throws.

Let's not shit on Jamie because he is leaving. He was the among the best QBs Wake has had in some time. He's doing what he thinks is best for him. He was a good member of the team for some time.

He was part of a team that had him in the convo for player of the year to start the year, before injuries derailed things (again) at Wake Forest, a persistent problem for the smallest school in D1 football. Had Wake won a few more football games to finish out the season, maybe it doesn't play out this way.

If Wake wins a few more this year he probably just leaves for the draft IMO. I don’t think anyone here is shitting on him. More just truly puzzled and trying to understand the motivation.

I could see Newman transferring.

Best of luck to Newman. Wake's QB depth just took a big hit. Wake needs a clear QB2 to emerge and that player will likely need to play some next year. Wake also needs to land a solid QB in next year's class still.

Back