• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

If Jamie transfers he can go fuck himself. Tired of LOWF "fans" who think kids need to transfer for better opportunities. He wouldn't be on anyone's fucking radar if not for Wake Forest and playing in Clawson and Ruggiero's offense. Also, Clawson shouldn't guarantee him shit. Newman should have to beat out Hartman if he wants to be the starter, and if he's so much better like some posters think, then he should be able to. I personally think they are very close because while Jamie is better running the ball, Hartman is the better passer and executes his reads faster.
Bingo, the slow RPO is because Jamie read the options to slow, when Hartman and Wolford before him run the RPO the read is much quicker, Jamie is a much better runner and very good at long passes but his short passes need work, he had the luxury of hands of glue Sage Surratt to bail him out on the possession passes until his injury, hence the drop off in efficiency at the end of the season.

Basham, Surratt return; Newman Enters Transfer Portal

You mean the kid who just got a free ride and diploma from a top 25 university for free? With a stipend? And now has a multi-million dollar future because he got showcased doing that? All of us pay for job training and then have to fight to get a job. As a PhD candidate getting paid very little for free labor that actually helps in the functioning of the university, I do not have pity on the free education and exposure for a future job. Can he do what he wants? Sure. Will I root for him? No.

So deacdixieboy isn’t just a clever name?

Last edited:
The dude also has a life expectancy that’s 20 years less than yours as he does damage to his brain a handful of times a week for your entertainment

This is my major problem with this take. No one is making these people play football. All sports are entertainment. People start playing at a young age because they want to. That’s it. It’s his decision to do this just like it’s his decision to transfer and keep doing this and play in the NFL so he can CONTINUE to do this.
Still not sure what underhanded comment you were trying to make about my name but whatever.

Glad the speculation about Newman is over. Time to move on. If we're honest, Jamie's NFL future is far, far ,far from guaranteed so you can't necessarily blame him for thinking he might need to improve his stock. The question is "where" could this happen. Truthfully, he's not gonna go ANYWHERE that his opportunity to showcase himself is better than Wake Forest, and that's where the argument is UNLESS he is sure that he "might not" be the starter next season. Our league is full of "gettable" defenses except Clemson, and we now have a network, etc. etc. Being a starter at another middle tier power 5 school isn't gonna do the trick for Jamie and he's not gonna make it to a contender as the starter. So good luck to him, and looking forward to a revamped Wake offense next season.

There are some miserable fucks on this thread. Fuck 'em.

Amen. Something like this brings out the shittiest tendencies from the shittiest posters. Kid played four years. Kid graduated. If you’re pulling against him, something is wrong.

You mean the kid who just got a free ride and diploma from a top 25 university for free? With a stipend? And now has a multi-million dollar future because he got showcased doing that? All of us pay for job training and then have to fight to get a job. As a PhD candidate getting paid very little for free labor that actually helps in the functioning of the university, I do not have pity on the free education and exposure for a future job. Can he do what he wants? Sure. Will I root for him? No.

How often do people hit you in the head during your free labor?

What is the long term impact of blows to the head?

How often do people hit you in the head during your free labor?

What is the long term impact of blows to the head?

No one is making him play! It’s the same reason why I don’t complain about my pay. I even voted against unionizing at my school.

Put me in the Fuck Jamie camp if anyone’s keeping score. FTR, I don’t think he’s that great of a quarterback and would be pissed if my favorite NFL team drafted him.

No one is making him play! It’s the same reason why I don’t complain about my pay. I even voted against unionizing at my school.

I believe the people running the sport know much more about the dangers of CTE than those playing the sport

I believe the people running the sport know much more about the dangers of CTE than those playing the sport

I agree with this, but it’s out there now and everyone knows. It’s almost the same in my mind as smokers. The danger is there and public.

So he shouldn’t complain because he chose to play the sport that was most likely his only opportunity to a Wake Forest degree? And he owes Wake a fifth year of football for some reason. And as usual, old white dudes are angry because they feel someone owes them something for some bullshit reason

If Jamie transfers he can go fuck himself. Tired of LOWF "fans" who think kids need to transfer for better opportunities. He wouldn't be on anyone's fucking radar if not for Wake Forest and playing in Clawson and Ruggiero's offense. Also, Clawson shouldn't guarantee him shit. Newman should have to beat out Hartman if he wants to be the starter, and if he's so much better like some posters think, then he should be able to. I personally think they are very close because while Jamie is better running the ball, Hartman is the better passer and executes his reads faster.

This. And I’ll bet he asked Clawson for a guarantee to be starter next year and was respectfully declined.

He doesn't owe Wake anything.

But I don't have to root for him if he's leaving and I won't. We have a team that should be fringe top 25 team next year. He has a top 5 wide receiver to throw to. He has an offense that gets him a lot of opportunities to pass and run and rack up stats. His running and his size are part of why he's an intriguing prospect. There's some Cam Newton in there. Scouts aren't looking at him as a pocket passer, they want to see that he can run the ball, throw the ball and stay healthy. There really aren't that many better opportunities than Wake next year to prove that. It's possible he gets an opportunity to play for a top 15 school. It's possible he plays in a pro style offense (there aren't many of then in CFB) but he flourished by showing his arm and his legs. An this just really seems like he's bailing on this team.

We probably win the same number of games +/- 1 with him or without him, this year and next year. We'll really need to keep Hartman healthy and Claws is going to have to adjust.

Back