• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

It will be interesting to see how Clawson handles the QB battle if Newman returns.

Newman was great until his injury and during the end of the season. Hartman looked really improved and may have delivered one of the best wins of the season over FSU.

Surratt and Washington helped make Newman look good last year so it will be interesting to see his development.

There should be a healthy QB competition and the best QB should play. Both QBs are likely to play out of necessity. Newman most likely the starter after the healthy competition and his past experience leading the team.

Why is Scotty Washington listed as a R-Jr. on the new depth chart? Nice if it was true.

Newman was great until his injury and during the end of the season. Hartman looked really improved and may have delivered one of the best wins of the season over FSU.

Surratt and Washington helped make Newman look good last year so it will be interesting to see his development.

There should be a healthy QB competition and the best QB should play. Both QBs are likely to play out of necessity. Newman most likely the starter after the healthy competition and his past experience leading the team.

21/38 with a 48 QBR in that game. Hartman is a damn good football player, but Newman has the much higher and consistent ceiling.

21/38 with a 48 QBR in that game. Hartman is a damn good football player, but Newman has the much higher and consistent ceiling.

Yeah pretty fucking stupid anyone thinking There will be a QB competition. Newman is the starter.

Yep. Hartman's ceiling is very good college QB. Newman's ceiling is first round NFL prospect.

The classic Sig shitpost, degrading our team or one of our players. Predictable. Plenty of CFB "experts" (see NC State game, for reference) were talking up the possibility of Newman as a 1st rounder. Is it likely? No, but that's why it's called a ceiling.

The classic Sig shitpost, degrading our team or one of our players. Predictable. Plenty of CFB "experts" (see NC State game, for reference) were talking up the possibility of Newman as a 1st rounder. Is it likely? No, but that's why it's called a ceiling.

Dude, the ceiling is the roof.

#samplesize, but Hartman has a higher QBR for 2019

Newman is the better QB with a higher ceiling when he is healthy, and he should start and play when he is healthy

if he gets dinged up again next year, Hartman should play

To make sure I get this right, disagreeing with the idea that Newman is 1st round pick is "degrading out team or one of our players?" If I posit that Surratt would be better served to return to school, is that degrading? What about suggesting that Basham should turn pro? And should I value your opinion of this particular issue anymore than when you flipped out at my suggestion that Wake needed to score 40 to beat Syracuse? Feel free to remind me what Syracuse's point total was in that game, sweetie.

I'll put $100 on Jamie Newman not being a 1st round draft pick in any NFL draft. Feel free to let me know if you, someone who clearly would never degrade one of our players, wants to take that bet.

And to be clear, I absolutely want him to be our starting QB next year.

Basham & Surratt

You’re disagreeing that Newman could possibly be a first round prospect next year.

To make sure I get this right, disagreeing with the idea that Newman is 1st round pick is "degrading out team or one of our players?" If I posit that Surratt would be better served to return to school, is that degrading? What about suggesting that Basham should turn pro? And should I value your opinion of this particular issue anymore than when you flipped out at my suggestion that Wake needed to score 40 to beat Syracuse? Feel free to remind me what Syracuse's point total was in that game, sweetie.

I'll put $100 on Jamie Newman not being a 1st round draft pick in any NFL draft. Feel free to let me know if you, someone who clearly would never degrade one of our players, wants to take that bet.

And to be clear, I absolutely want him to be our starting QB next year.

I fear you may not know what referencing a player's ceiling actually means. No one is going to take that bet, but it doesn't mean that it isn't possible. Maybe I'm off base here, but it seems like the vast majority of your posts come across quite negative towards our coaches, team, or players.

Oh, and despite horrible special teams play, we only needed to score 31 points in regulation to beat Cuse. I'm sure you foresaw the ridiculous OT finish coming when you made your projection, though.

Assuming Newman returns, agree with the sentiment that Newman will start game 1. That said, what is the problem with having a competition between the two? Wouldn't that make both Newman and Hartman better?

Assuming Newman returns, agree with the sentiment that Newman will start game 1. That said, what is the problem with having a competition between the two? Wouldn't that make both Newman and Hartman better?

Highly doubt, especially at the QB position, Clawson will ever verbalize going into spring “that ___ is the no doubt starter.” It’s a message he is sending. But that Doesn’t mean that he absolutely knows Newman will be the starter. Competition breeds success and at the QB position Clawson will make it seem like a competition.

Clawson knows Jamie is the starter.

Back