• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

It’s based on speculation and his new Twitter picture at this point. Gotta tune into Finebaum at 3pm for more gossip.

This could linger until May. Brice doesn't graduate until then, apparently.

Not sure - do they sign NLI as transfers? They must do something to make it "official". I'm sure Newman thinks he's better than this guy and he is very likely correct. Newman is good.

Chase Brice has looked pretty darn good when he has been needed...

So let me get this straight. Schaudenfreudists on here are hoping Newman's decision blows up in his face and either a Clemson backup or a 5-star freshman beat him out for QB1 in training camp?

This would entrench Wake even deeper in LOWF and certainly hurt his draft stock significantly. Hard to understand wishing ill will on Jamie Newman, who saved our season in 2018 and was phenomenal this year before losing Sage halfway thru the VaTech game after losing Scotty the game before.

If you want Wake to be a 4-star destination, then I would think you'd want Newman to be in the Heisman talk next year and Hartman going toe to toe with Sam Howell for 2nd best QB in the ACC behind Lawrence. That would be the ideal narrative (and likely IMO).

And Brice would clearly be a depth addition as he wouldn't be able to transfer into Georgia until the Fall. Georgia clearly would like to redshirt their incoming frosh 5-star or at least ease him by playing him in blowouts or if Newman goes down IMO.

Jamie's draft stock is no longer Wake Forest's problem. It's not Georgia's problem either. It's Jamie's.

So let me get this straight. Schaudenfreudists on here are hoping Newman's decision blows up in his face and either a Clemson backup or a 5-star freshman beat him out for QB1 in training camp?

This would entrench Wake even deeper in LOWF and certainly hurt his draft stock significantly. Hard to understand wishing ill will on Jamie Newman, who saved our season in 2018 and was phenomenal this year before losing Sage halfway thru the VaTech game after losing Scotty the game before.

If you want Wake to be a 4-star destination, then I would think you'd want Newman to be in the Heisman talk next year and Hartman going toe to toe with Sam Howell for 2nd best QB in the ACC behind Lawrence. That would be the ideal narrative (and likely IMO).

And Brice would clearly be a depth addition as he wouldn't be able to transfer into Georgia until the Fall. Georgia clearly would like to redshirt their incoming frosh 5-star or at least ease him by playing him in blowouts or if Newman goes down IMO.

So much seems clear to you, but why? UGA is going to start the QB that gives them the best chance to win, whether it is Newman, Brice, or the true frosh.

If Jamie Newman won the Heisman next year it would do absolutely jack squat for Wake and everything for UGA.
No one, I mean NO ONE, cares a bit about where a guy was *before* he won a big sports trophy, they care where was * WHEN* he won it.
Jesus, there's a ton of LOWF Think in this damn fanbase.

Last edited:
Meh. Burrow endeared himself to OSU fans and hugged Ryan Day at the ceremony/thanked OSU during his speech. He gave his national championship jersey to Michael Thomas (friends from OSU days). If Newman treated Wake like Burrow did OSU, we'd love him.

Jamie Newman winning the Heisman next year would do absolutely jack squat for Wake and everything for UGA.
No one, I mean NO ONE, cares a bit about where a guy was *before* he won a big sports trophy, they care where was * WHEN* he won it.
Jesus, there's a ton of LOWF Think in this damn fanbase.

This is a really bad post especially after hearing Burrow, Murray, and Mayfield's transfer stories nonstop during their Heisman seasons.

This is a really bad post especially after hearing Burrow, Murray, and Mayfield's transfer stories nonstop during their Heisman seasons.
Perhaps. Perhaps not.

But, constant mentioning by chattering heads on tv media does not equal caring by audiences, fanbases, or recruits.

Meh. Burrow endeared himself to OSU fans and hugged Ryan Day at the ceremony/thanked OSU during his speech. He gave his national championship jersey to Michael Thomas (friends from OSU days). If Newman treated Wake like Burrow did OSU, we'd love him.

But it's still an apples to oranges comparison as Burrow was buried as a third and second string QB. He was behind Haskins on the depth chart, who was a year behind him.

Newman was a successful starting quarterback on a winning team. It is a total knife in the back to the coach, the teammates, the school, and the fans.

Back