• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

This year was the most hyped season in a long time, but next year will be way more hyped. Boogie, Surratt, and I’m assuming Jamie back. ND in Charlotte & Miami and App @Groves.

We already have hotel rooms booked for Appy and ND.

With the latest good news of Sage and Boogie's return next year, I was curious where Wake now stands for available scholarships. When I take into account the players who have entered the portal and are known to be leaving and the players just signed in this recruiting cycle, I count 85 scholarship players on next year's known roster. Assuming a couple more players enter the portal or decide to go pro (Jamie still has not been announced), it appears Wake will only be able to add a couple more players to the roster before next year. This also assumes that no walk-ons would be awarded a scholarship which is a common practice at most of the area ACC schools. In fact, with the end of eligibility of Jack Freudenthal and Dayton Diemel, I do not believe Wake will have any scholarship players who were former walk-ons on the roster.

If Boogie gets drafted by the Texans when he comes out, they would have players named Mercilus and Basham on their front seven.

Wow. I suddenly feel great about our defense next year

Great is a little bit strong. We’ve got 2 starting corners to replace and our linebackers have got to be better, but we could be pretty good if we don’t have too many key injuries.

These guys clearly want to do something special. I love it. All in.

Great is a little bit strong. We’ve got 2 starting corners to replace and our linebackers have got to be better, but we could be pretty good if we don’t have too many key injuries.

Agree 100%. But a strong dl will allow us to be more conservative on the back end. OL is other concern spot - lot of career starts moving on...

When was the last WF pre-season All-American? WF could have 2 next year.

And why not throw Sciba in as a possibility too, since at least some outlets recognized his talents at the end of the year.

Is this why Waydale Jones entered the portal

I would say probably safe to say yes with the way Greene stepped up last few games and waydale was probably hoping for starter # of plays. Would guess the same with Manny with Boogie coming back as manny was playing well the last few games.

. . .Basham and Surratt could play one more college year and put themselves squarely between Rounds 1 and 2 of NFL Draft. . .I imagine Basham would like another shot at NOTRE DAME, and all of them surely want rematches with LOUISVILLE, SYRACUSE, CLEMSON, and #20 APPALACHIAN STATE.

Not shocked with either decision given propositions in opening post. They see the “glass half full.” There’s more opportunity at WF next year along with gaining more game experience as compared to the serious risk of a lackluster start to a pro career along with lower initial compensation if they go now. These guys know what they’re doing.

How is our depth at the 2 wideout positions behind Surratt and Greene? Our only recruit at wideout appears to be a redshirt probability. Is Groulx a slot or wideout?

Surratt
Greene
AT Perry
Groulx?
Jahmal Banks - likely RS

Slot looks good, so I'd say its likely Groulx moves outside -- provided Clawson believes it won't hinder his development.
Roberson
Isaac
Morin
Ke'Shawn Williams

This year was the most hyped season in a long time, but next year will be way more hyped. Boogie, Surratt, and I’m assuming Jamie back. ND in Charlotte & Miami and App @Groves.

Speaking of Groves, what is the stadium going to be named going forward! Truist Field??

Mamas Basham and Surratt are now my favorite Deacons

Back