• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

I can definitely see a sell out happening. We'll be aided by a very good traveling ND fanbase.

High ticket prices will likely prevent a sell-out (these games promise such large guarantees to the schools that they end up overpricing the tickets in most cases, will be interesting to see the prices for next year since this is technically Wake's home game, not a true neutral site contest like UNC/S. Carolina where the 2 teams are basically splitting the gate), but I'd expect a crowd around 60,000, if both teams start the season well.

These guys clearly want to do something special. I love it. All in.

So when do we hear from Mr. Newman on his plans???? Wondering if he is leaning to jumping since no word after Boogie and Sages news?

So when do we hear from Mr. Newman on his plans???? Wondering if he is leaning to jumping since no word after Boogie and Sages news?

Maybe he is looking for a breakout bowl game appearance to determine his plans for next year? Like if he balls out, he gone. If not, he comes back to rehab the drop in status the last month of the season brought onto him and the team as a whole.

Or maybe he's just coming back and never thought otherwise.

Maybe he is looking for a breakout bowl game appearance to determine his plans for next year? Like if he balls out, he gone. If not, he comes back to rehab the drop in status the last month of the season brought onto him and the team as a whole.

Or maybe he's just coming back and never thought otherwise.

I think it’s the latter. There was never really much draft buzz about him like Surratt and Boogie. No reason to make and announcement. Maybe considered it briefly but was always coming back. With Sage returning no reason to leave really.

I think it’s the latter. There was never really much draft buzz about him like Surratt and Boogie. No reason to make and announcement. Maybe considered it briefly but was always coming back. With Sage returning no reason to leave really.

Jamie was a top 10 Heisman candidate through the first half of the season. The buzz for Jamie has been greater than that of Sage/Boogie in NFL circles. There are teams and independent scouts with 1-2 round grades for Newman and that includes his sub-optimal performances of late. Scouts are smart enough to discount his play when throwing to waydale, Claude, etc. His patience/poise in collapsing pockets, exceptional timing/touch on deep balls, zing on intermediate routes and physical strength are intriguing to talent analysts. We can only hope that he has the same ‘unfinished business’ mentality as Boogie/Sage. Or that he doesn’t want to leave his girlfriend in Winston(if he has one).

Jamie was a top 10 Heisman candidate through the first half of the season. The buzz for Jamie has been greater than that of Sage/Boogie in NFL circles. There are teams and independent scouts with 1-2 round grades for Newman and that includes his sub-optimal performances of late. Scouts are smart enough to discount his play when throwing to waydale, Claude, etc. His patience/poise in collapsing pockets, exceptional timing/touch on deep balls, zing on intermediate routes and physical strength are intriguing to talent analysts. We can only hope that he has the same ‘unfinished business’ mentality as Boogie/Sage. Or that he doesn’t want to leave his girlfriend in Winston(if he has one).

Yeah, definitely gonna need a source on this one. Also, please share more about your inside NFL team sources that have revealed their QB grades to you.

Yeah, definitely gonna need a source on this one. Also, please share more about your inside NFL team sources that have revealed their QB grades to you.

Google is a powerful tool. Everything in my post is verifiable. Jamie was receiving Heisman votes from the electors in Oct/Nov. and it’s quite easy to find people with NFL credentials that flag him as a late first day, second day draft prospect. I don’t just read Bleacher Report and fan forums.

I love Jamie and think he has great POTENTIAL but there were several times this year against fairly mediocre opponents where he just didn’t look that good (VT, Syracuse, Louisville). He has great size, a strong arm and is a powerful runner but he definitely could use some more refinement to truly be a high level NFL draft pick. I really doubt there were many, if any, places that had Jamie higher on draft boards this year than Boogie or Sage.

Oh and we played a bunch of really dogshit teams in the first half of the season.

Then post them? Don't see anything on Newman Heisman publicity, other than some "dark horse" articles in very early October. Also, cannot find anything stating that specific NFL teams have him at a 1st round grade. Everything I've read has him as a day 2 (likely) or 3 pick.

Some posters on the Panthers thread compared Jamie to Trevor Lawrence near the beginning of the season. There's your source.

I said Newman would start showing up on lists with Lawrence. Midseason Newman was showing up on Heisman long lists and Lawrence wasn’t showing up at all during his slow start.

WTF?

Boogie has been a solid lower 1st to mid 2nd round pick. I've not seen a mock draft that have Jamie higher than a 4th round pick.

Then post them? Don't see anything on Newman Heisman publicity, other than some "dark horse" articles in very early October. Also, cannot find anything stating that specific NFL teams have him at a 1st round grade. Everything I've read has him as a day 2 (likely) or 3 pick.

This banter has shed light on a more important fact/belief - we have 3+ guys who are legit day 1/day 2 talent on our squad right now!

Walter Football has Newman as the No. 6 quarterback, projected from 2-4 rounds. Personally, I don't think Newman would go before the 5th round but I'm far from an expert.

Back