• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

I don’t think it’s LOWF to acknowledge that UGA is a bigger stage than WF at the current time, because you can believe that while still believing that WF is on the upswing and is growing it’s stage every year.

Jamie has been quoted about better opportunity and a different better? style. Has anyone seen any comments or quotes about how he appreciated the skill and efforts of his teammates or the coaching that gave him success in our weird scheme? This offense was what evaluators saw Jamie run, right?

In the off season as guys consider their options about declaring or not for the draft. I doubt it occurs so they can find a better coaching staff, student body and exposure opportunity.

It's been the offseason for almost 3 weeks. The deadline to declare is Friday.

It's been the offseason for almost 3 weeks. The deadline to declare is Friday.

I think we were talking about Jamie and he left Conor and others thinking on 12/27 he was possibly gone but it turns out, not to the League. If he had taken some time to hear candid assessments after the Bowl, maybe your point had validity. But he didn't. He chose to make a move that he believes will enhance HIS professional opportunities.

Doesn't Clawson help NFL prospects get feedback from NFL scouts?

That’s what I was getting at with my question. Would think that if Newman had concerns from NFL scouts regarding the WF offense, and if he went to Clawson with those concerns, that Clawson would have a response.

By the way our former quarterback is Jamie. This is Jaime Newman

jaime-ray-newman-at-arrivals-for-cinderella-man-premiere-universal-C63GET.jpg

I think we were talking about Jamie and he left Conor and others thinking on 12/27 he was possibly gone but it turns out, not to the League. If he had taken some time to hear candid assessments after the Bowl, maybe your point had validity. But he didn't. He chose to make a move that he believes will enhance HIS professional opportunities.

What are you talking about? That was on 12/27. He entered the transfer portal on 12/31. How can you claim he didn't take time to hear candid assessments in four or more days?

He probably got NFL feedback the same time as Surratt and Boogie did. Instead of deciding to stay or go to the NFL, he decided to grad transfer.

Jamie has been quoted about better opportunity and a different better? style. Has anyone seen any comments or quotes about how he appreciated the skill and efforts of his teammates or the coaching that gave him success in our weird scheme? This offense was what evaluators saw Jamie run, right?

No, that's not what he's been quoted as saying. He specifically said: Pro-style offense. It is the LOWF mentality that assumes he wants "better" opportunity in a "better" style. Because that is not what he said. Here is what he said - it is all searchable:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENInsArWoAIHf4_?format=jpg&name=900x900

ENInsArWoAIHf4_

Hilarious take that Jamie Newman talked to faux/shitty evaluators but Boogie and Sage did not.

I would be very surprised if the feedback was that he needs to transfer.

Nobody said it was. What are you all arguing? The story seems pretty simple. Newman got NFL feedback that convinced him not to put his name into the draft. They told them some things they wanted to see from him next year. Newman talked it over with his family and they thought it would be best for him to go elsewhere to prepare for the 2021 draft.

Even on this board, people were saying Hartman should have played more in the last two games and it should be an open QB competition in the Spring. It may be as simple as Newman wanting to be the clear starter.

Nobody said it was. What are you all arguing? The story seems pretty simple. Newman got NFL feedback that convinced him not to put his name into the draft. They told them some things they wanted to see from him next year. Newman talked it over with his family and they thought it would be best for him to go elsewhere to prepare for the 2021 draft.

Even on this board, people were saying Hartman should have played more in the last two games and it should be an open QB competition in the Spring. It may be as simple as Newman wanting to be the clear starter.
Agreed, which makes his decision to transfer to UGA all the more curious. Wouldn't be surprised if Carson Beck is pushing him for PT sooner rather than later.

Agreed, which makes his decision to transfer to UGA all the more curious. Wouldn't be surprised if Carson Beck is pushing him for PT sooner rather than later.

UGA has a crowded QB room with 4* and 5* guys.

UGA has a crowded QB room with 4* and 5* guys.

Actually no. Their backup was a 3 star JUCO transfer. They also have a low 4 star rFR coming off serious brain surgery and a true freshman 4 star. Tough to get a better situation than that at any top program.

Actually no. Their backup was a 3 star JUCO transfer. They also have a low 4 star rFR coming off serious brain surgery and a true freshman 4 star. Tough to get a better situation than that at any top program.

You're right. Two 4 * guys and the 3* rJr. Thought the incoming freshman was a 5*.

The 3* rJr. has an interesting timeline. Enrolled at UGA as a true frosh, left UGA and went to a JuCo, then came back to UGA after completing JuCo. Sounds like a guy who may have had academic issues.

Occams Razor. Newman was afraid Hartman could beat him out as the starter. He removed that possibility. Simple. Concise. Plausable.

I think I’ve stayed my view several times. I disagree that UGA magically improves his draft stock. I’d love to hear from Clawson on this, although I know that’s very unlikely.

All this chat about Newman’s football skills and future, but as he will still be a student-athlete at UGA I’m surprised nobody has mentioned anything about his graduate degree program.
So, what courses is he taking?
Is this a program that Wake doesn’t offer, hence the need to transfer?
Will he complete his Masters at UGA or drop out before he’s finished?
Academic minds want to know.

I think I’ve stayed my view several times. I disagree that UGA magically improves his draft stock. I’d love to hear from Clawson on this, although I know that’s very unlikely.

That odds a fair disagreement. Newman thought otherwise. And while you may be right, there after plenty of objective facts that make his decision understandable. He might even share your values...

Back