• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

Actually no. Their backup was a 3 star JUCO transfer. They also have a low 4 star rFR coming off serious brain surgery and a true freshman 4 star. Tough to get a better situation than that at any top program.

Beck is Mr. Football in Florida. 6'5" 225.

Beck is Mr. Football in Florida. 6'5" 225.

This guy is Georgia's QB of the future. The future will probably start sometime during the 2020 season. I doubt UGA worries too much about a redshirt year because Beck is probably NFL bound after three years at UGA. Jamie will play only until Beck is deemed ready. Jamie will need to be playing well from Day 1.

Irony would be UGA retooling their offense to be much more RPO because that is the "hot" offense these days.

All this chat about Newman’s football skills and future, but as he will still be a student-athlete at UGA I’m surprised nobody has mentioned anything about his graduate degree program.
So, what courses is he taking?
Is this a program that Wake doesn’t offer, hence the need to transfer?
Will he complete his Masters at UGA or drop out before he’s finished?
Academic minds want to know.

The NCAA rules require him to be in a grad program not offered at Wake. Being a big state school, UGA has multiole of those. One obvious one is education. Jamie could be working on his teaching credentials. I have zero info on what his new program actually is.

All this chat about Newman’s football skills and future, but as he will still be a student-athlete at UGA I’m surprised nobody has mentioned anything about his graduate degree program.
So, what courses is he taking?
Is this a program that Wake doesn’t offer, hence the need to transfer?
Will he complete his Masters at UGA or drop out before he’s finished?
Academic minds want to know.

No one cares what he studied at Wake or will study at Georgia. As some have pointed out, he's in football job mode right now. School is just an inconvenience. He literally could quit studying completely in November if Georgia has a couple of losses and isn't heading to the playoffs.

That odds a fair disagreement. Newman thought otherwise. And while you may be right, there after plenty of objective facts that make his decision understandable. He might even share your values...

I certainly hope he isn't a nationalist or a racist.

This guy is Georgia's QB of the future. The future will probably start sometime during the 2020 season. I doubt UGA worries too much about a redshirt year because Beck is probably NFL bound after three years at UGA. Jamie will play only until Beck is deemed ready. Jamie will need to be playing well from Day 1.

Irony would be UGA retooling their offense to be much more RPO because that is the "hot" offense these days.

Fully expect to see a lot of RPO if Newman is the starter.

No one cares what he studied at Wake or will study at Georgia. As some have pointed out, he's in football job mode right now. School is just an inconvenience. He literally could quit studying completely in November if Georgia has a couple of losses and isn't heading to the playoffs.

he could literally quit studying completely in May

I wonder how many classes Tabari Hines completed at Oregon and NC State combined

Purely from Wake's recruiting perspective, the ideal result is that Newman does about as well as he did at Wake, maybe a little less. If he bombs then people will conclude that it was the scheme at Wake that led to his success. That sounds great except that it will discount the success of subsequent QB's at Wake and lower their draft status (i.e. "program QBs"), affecting recruiting. If he does much better than at Wake then people will blame Wake for holding him back, again negatively affecting recruiting. Of course, the best result would have been him staying, making a run for Heisman and getting drafted in the first round.

No. It would be best if Newman and Hartman are both top QBs next year.

And play each other in the National championship. Wake wins in a barn burner but both set individual school records for offense in a season and a final game. I like where your head is at PH!

I think that was the joke, Biff.

Debatable because Newman being wildly successful at Georgia would only further the narrative that the Clawfense was holding him back from reaching his full potential.

Not if Hartman excels at Wake.

Keep in mind the current narrative is already that Newman is one of the top returning QBs based on what he did at Wake. I think we are the only ones who think Wake was holding him back.

Not if Hartman excels at Wake.

Keep in mind the current narrative is already that Newman is one of the top returning QBs based on what he did at Wake. I think we are the only ones who think Wake was holding him back.

Huh ? Then why did he transfer ? Fear of Hartman ?

I think that was the joke, Biff.

It was definitely a tongue-in-cheek comment, although I was interested in what responses I might get.
I would agree that most people have no clue, or care about, what Jamie studied at Wake or will take at UGA.
Fully aware that he’s in ‘Intro to NFL’ now. However, there’s always that chance (hope not) that he gets injured and can’t play anymore. In that case, his education/degree would be useful.

And play each other in the National championship. Wake wins in a barn burner but both set individual school records for offense in a season and a final game. I like where your head is at PH!

and bye bye to Clawson

Back