• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

Newman wins it next year, helps draw attention to Hartman having a great year, Hartman wins it the following year while the Deacs win the Orange Bowl.

I was really impressed with CBS as a tackler (ST and after a turnover). I’m not expecting a change now but I’ve wondered if he might be better suited to defense.

I was really impressed with CBS as a tackler (ST and after a turnover). I’m not expecting a change now but I’ve wondered if he might be better suited to defense.

I'm not sure where he would play on D. Too small (5-10, 190) to play linebacker. Safety maybe?

He’s a pretty darn good running back, and the most experienced one we have. He ain’t changing positions

CBS will be the third down back and he will be a good one. Give KWIII an opportunity to learn how to read pass protection by studying. KWIII is the better first and second down back, but on any 3rd and 4+, you will want CBS back there.

CBS will be the third down back and he will be a good one. Give KWIII an opportunity to learn how to read pass protection by studying. KWIII is the better first and second down back, but on any 3rd and 4+, you will want CBS back there.

I think pass protection is where Cade Carney will be missed most. He stonewalled a lot of blitzers as the personal protector of the QB.

Maybe Hartman will throw the ball with timing instead of standing there forever like some quarterbacks.

Really hoping and praying, that Clawson and Ruggiero, work in some plays that are intended to get KW and CBS into space. Watching them pound it into the line is infuriating. Maybe that was a byproduct of Newman's inability to hit screens/swing passes/wheel routes. But, they effectively kept their fastest RB's in the stable last year.

Edited to add: Still not over Hinton NEVER getting the ball in the backfield. Seriously, what were they thinking!

Last edited:
Yeah, if we don't use more of the "speed in space" approach that the majority of the college football world (and the NFL; see, Chiefs) is already employing, it will be very frustrating.

I’m not sure CBS is fast enough for that approach. I think he has tremendous vision and agility, but he just either seems a step too slow or not able to accelerate enough. Could just be the slow mesh offense.

Back