Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22626768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1555

Thread: Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

  1. #1421
    Scooter Banks
    jaybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    8,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    I think Iíve stayed my view several times. I disagree that UGA magically improves his draft stock. Iíd love to hear from Clawson on this, although I know thatís very unlikely.
    That odds a fair disagreement. Newman thought otherwise. And while you may be right, there after plenty of objective facts that make his decision understandable. He might even share your values...
    le bone

  2. #1422
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Actually no. Their backup was a 3 star JUCO transfer. They also have a low 4 star rFR coming off serious brain surgery and a true freshman 4 star. Tough to get a better situation than that at any top program.
    Beck is Mr. Football in Florida. 6'5" 225.

  3. #1423
    Quote Originally Posted by pdogdke View Post
    Beck is Mr. Football in Florida. 6'5" 225.
    This guy is Georgia's QB of the future. The future will probably start sometime during the 2020 season. I doubt UGA worries too much about a redshirt year because Beck is probably NFL bound after three years at UGA. Jamie will play only until Beck is deemed ready. Jamie will need to be playing well from Day 1.

    Irony would be UGA retooling their offense to be much more RPO because that is the "hot" offense these days.

  4. #1424
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    All this chat about Newmanís football skills and future, but as he will still be a student-athlete at UGA Iím surprised nobody has mentioned anything about his graduate degree program.
    So, what courses is he taking?
    Is this a program that Wake doesnít offer, hence the need to transfer?
    Will he complete his Masters at UGA or drop out before heís finished?
    Academic minds want to know.
    The NCAA rules require him to be in a grad program not offered at Wake. Being a big state school, UGA has multiole of those. One obvious one is education. Jamie could be working on his teaching credentials. I have zero info on what his new program actually is.

  5. #1425
    I take hydroxychloroquine
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    All this chat about Newmanís football skills and future, but as he will still be a student-athlete at UGA Iím surprised nobody has mentioned anything about his graduate degree program.
    So, what courses is he taking?
    Is this a program that Wake doesnít offer, hence the need to transfer?
    Will he complete his Masters at UGA or drop out before heís finished?
    Academic minds want to know.
    No one cares what he studied at Wake or will study at Georgia. As some have pointed out, he's in football job mode right now. School is just an inconvenience. He literally could quit studying completely in November if Georgia has a couple of losses and isn't heading to the playoffs.

  6. #1426
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybone View Post
    That odds a fair disagreement. Newman thought otherwise. And while you may be right, there after plenty of objective facts that make his decision understandable. He might even share your values...
    I certainly hope he isn't a nationalist or a racist.

  7. #1427
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    This guy is Georgia's QB of the future. The future will probably start sometime during the 2020 season. I doubt UGA worries too much about a redshirt year because Beck is probably NFL bound after three years at UGA. Jamie will play only until Beck is deemed ready. Jamie will need to be playing well from Day 1.

    Irony would be UGA retooling their offense to be much more RPO because that is the "hot" offense these days.
    Fully expect to see a lot of RPO if Newman is the starter.

  8. #1428
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    No one cares what he studied at Wake or will study at Georgia. As some have pointed out, he's in football job mode right now. School is just an inconvenience. He literally could quit studying completely in November if Georgia has a couple of losses and isn't heading to the playoffs.
    he could literally quit studying completely in May

    I wonder how many classes Tabari Hines completed at Oregon and NC State combined

  9. #1429
    Purely from Wake's recruiting perspective, the ideal result is that Newman does about as well as he did at Wake, maybe a little less. If he bombs then people will conclude that it was the scheme at Wake that led to his success. That sounds great except that it will discount the success of subsequent QB's at Wake and lower their draft status (i.e. "program QBs"), affecting recruiting. If he does much better than at Wake then people will blame Wake for holding him back, again negatively affecting recruiting. Of course, the best result would have been him staying, making a run for Heisman and getting drafted in the first round.

  10. #1430
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    112,378
    No. It would be best if Newman and Hartman are both top QBs next year.

  11. #1431
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    No. It would be best if Newman and Hartman are both top QBs next year.
    And play each other in the National championship. Wake wins in a barn burner but both set individual school records for offense in a season and a final game. I like where your head is at PH!

  12. #1432
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    No one cares what he studied at Wake or will study at Georgia. As some have pointed out, he's in football job mode right now. School is just an inconvenience. He literally could quit studying completely in November if Georgia has a couple of losses and isn't heading to the playoffs.
    I think that was the joke, Biff.

  13. #1433
    I take hydroxychloroquine
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    No. It would be best if Newman and Hartman are both top QBs next year.
    Debatable because Newman being wildly successful at Georgia would only further the narrative that the Clawfense was holding him back from reaching his full potential.

  14. #1434
    I take hydroxychloroquine
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    I think that was the joke, Biff.
    Hard to tell with certain posters on this board sometimes.

  15. #1435
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    No. It would be best if Newman and Hartman are both top QBs next year at Wake.
    That would be the ideal situation

  16. #1436
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    112,378
    Not if Hartman excels at Wake.

    Keep in mind the current narrative is already that Newman is one of the top returning QBs based on what he did at Wake. I think we are the only ones who think Wake was holding him back.

  17. #1437
    I take hydroxychloroquine
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    38,062
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Not if Hartman excels at Wake.

    Keep in mind the current narrative is already that Newman is one of the top returning QBs based on what he did at Wake. I think we are the only ones who think Wake was holding him back.
    Huh ? Then why did he transfer ? Fear of Hartman ?

  18. #1438
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    I think that was the joke, Biff.
    It was definitely a tongue-in-cheek comment, although I was interested in what responses I might get.
    I would agree that most people have no clue, or care about, what Jamie studied at Wake or will take at UGA.
    Fully aware that heís in ĎIntro to NFLí now. However, thereís always that chance (hope not) that he gets injured and canít play anymore. In that case, his education/degree would be useful.

  19. #1439
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    And play each other in the National championship. Wake wins in a barn burner but both set individual school records for offense in a season and a final game. I like where your head is at PH!
    and bye bye to Clawson

  20. #1440
    Scooter Banks
    jaybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    8,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    I certainly hope he isn't a nationalist or a racist.
    400 years in 90 seconds:

    le bone

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •