• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

CBS has a full mock draft up:

Boogie #47 (2nd) to Eagles
Bassey #80 (3rd) to Raiders
Newman #122 (4th) to Bucs
Strnad #195 (6th) to Browns
Herron #230 (7th) to Patriots

They don't think Surratt is going pro or going but being drafted.

One of the early mock drafts had Bassey in the 1st round. For all of his faults, I'm pretty sure he's the active national leader in PBUs.

Bassey is pretty darn good and Henderson has been better than a lot give him credit for. I think we'll realize we had a pretty good pair of corners this year, when they're both gone next season. However Ja'sir picked up his game this year, so hopefully that continues next season and he can be good on one side.

Opponents rarely threw at Bassey. Not sure if that was more attributable to Bassey's talent or a perceived weaknesses at other spots of the defense. Probably a combination of both.

Bassey played as a true freshman, despite being one of the lowest rated recruits in WF's 2016 recruiting class. He selected WF over offers from Air Force, Georgia State, Charleston Southern and Furman.

Clearly, the WF staff spotted something in Bassey that no one else did (except for Furman and Charleston Southern) as he was the #156 rated corner coming out of HS, and will be a top 10 corner, maybe top 5, coming out of college.

It doesn't make sense they he wouldn't be included if might go pro as that is the case for Newman as well and he is being shown 4th round and I can't imagine Surratt isn't a top 4-5 round guy with the way we was just dominating until the injury??? Maybe concerned he doesn't have elite speed and a jump ball type WR isn't as successful in pros???

quite odd.

Bassey is pretty darn good and Henderson has been better than a lot give him credit for. I think we'll realize we had a pretty good pair of corners this year, when they're both gone next season. However Ja'sir picked up his game this year, so hopefully that continues next season and he can be good on one side.

Taylor might have been the most improved player on the defense this year. He was worse than Ryan Gosling in Remember the Titans. This year he was a solid player. He seems like a pretty smart guy, so maybe it will continue to get better.

It's just one mock draft. Newman and Basham are 4 years out of HS, and Surratt is a red-shirt sophomore; only, 3 years out of HS. Since he is sophomore who is currently injured, Surratt may not be on every mock draft guru's radar, but he's on every NFL team's radar.

Taylor might have been the most improved player on the defense this year. He was worse than Ryan Gosling in Remember the Titans. This year he was a solid player. He seems like a pretty smart guy, so maybe it will continue to get better.

:bowrofl: Truth. Glad he's worked hard and turned it around this year.

I think it is at least interesting that Boogie hasn't announced. Early last week, I believe he told Conor he'd have made his decision by the end of the week - that timeline has passed.

:bowrofl: Truth. Glad he's worked hard and turned it around this year.

He actually started to turn it around towards the end of last year a few weeks after we fired the DC, but by then the narrative had already been determined that he was not good. He is a kid who we most likely should have redshirted. I know he was needed and he played a lot frosh year, but he was in over his head and I think we'd all be psyched if he had two years of eligibility left ...

did you guys forget that Ryan Gosling was five time player of the week?

tenor.gif

I can’t find the link, but I saw that mock too and I’m pretty sure they had Surratt in the 4th as well. But I could be wrong

I saw a CBS QB ranking that had Newman 7th, one spot above Hurts.

Jordan Love and AJ Dillon both declared today so I guess if our guys go they’ll announce soon

Jordan Love and AJ Dillon both declared today so I guess if our guys go they’ll announce soon

By declaring before early signing day, players allow their coaches to sign a recruit to their scholarship. Guys are going to make decisions in the next week.

Back