• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

14 All ACC selections -- most in Wake history

With respects, on the OL....

As a unit = IMO a grade of B. Individually ?....am surprised Benzinger and Gilliam made this. Both had glaring subpar efforts versus VT and Duke. IMO, Tom was/is the best of the bunch.

on Henderson....I'd bet he led the DB's in passing targets by opponent QB's. If so, there is a reason.

Same for Jamie....deserved higher, IMO....

Agree.
He led the conference for some time in a number of categories.

Would an honorable mention QB get drafted?
Best to come back and kill it next year.

Would an honorable mention QB get drafted?

2018 all-ACC QB's

1st team Finley
2nd team Lawrence
3rd team Dungey
Hon Mention Perkins

no award: Daniel Jones (#6 overall pick)

Awesome for every one of these guys, but especially Hinton.

No Wake OL on the 1st or 2nd team is a bit of a snub, given our offense. Saw David Hale had Gilliam and Tom both 1st team (surprising).

I'm sure Wake's repeated inability to get one yard rushing when needed near the goal line didn't help the OL's cause.

In 2016, Mitch Trubisky was the #1 overall, and he was third team all-ACC behind Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson. In the 2017 draft, two other ACC QBs were also drafted that didn't even make HM for the 2016 season - Nathan Peterman (5th round) and Brad Kaaya (6th).

In 2015, Jacoby Brissett was HM, and in the 2016 draft, he was a 3rd round pick of the Pats. The All ACC QB in 2015 were: Watson (1st team), Marquise Williams UNC (2nd team) and Brad Kaaya Miami (3rd team).

It also sounds like unc QBs might be a little overhyped over the years.

In 2016, Mitch Trubisky was the #1 overall, and he was third team all-ACC behind Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson. In the 2017 draft, two other ACC QBs were also drafted that didn't even make HM for the 2016 season - Nathan Peterman (5th round) and Brad Kaaya (6th).

In 2015, Jacoby Brissett was HM, and in the 2016 draft, he was a 3rd round pick of the Pats. The All ACC QB in 2015 were: Watson (1st team), Marquise Williams UNC (2nd team) and Brad Kaaya Miami (3rd team).

It still makes me laugh that the Bears traded up one spot to draft Trubisky at #2 overall.

Newman behind Perkins and Howell is BS. The fact that Shaq Quarterman made a team at all, let alone 1st team, shows its all about name. He dogged it all season and is one of the biggest reasons Miami underperformed. Dillon over Akers is also surprising.

[PhDeac]Only 14??? Pete Lembo would have had at least 18!!![/PhDeac]

Pete Lembo has been successful as a special team coach. I'd like to see him in that role at Wake. It couldn't possibly be worse than Wale's current special teams.

Newman wasn’t the same without the best WR in the league and and Washington. The coaching staff didn’t trust or use the back up receivers much until Newman went down against Syracuse. Can you imagine Howell playing without his 2 top targets? I wouldn’t trade QBs with UNC. Howell can’t run like Newman and isn’t as accurate.

Newman wasn’t the same without the best WR in the league and and Washington. The coaching staff didn’t trust or use the back up receivers much until Newman went down against Syracuse. Can you imagine Howell playing without his 2 top targets? I wouldn’t trade QBs with UNC. Howell can’t run like Newman and isn’t as accurate.

The coaching staff didn't trust or use the backup receivers much until Newman went down ... ?

Jamie clearly didn't have as much faith throwing to Claude/Greene/Jones as he did Surratt and Washington. Or as much faith as Hartman had throwing to them. And that's ... the coaching staff's fault? Unless Clawson is flat out lying about working in the 2nd-string receivers so that they have chemistry with the 1st offense, there's no excuse for Newman to not have at least some rapport with them.

Back