• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Penn State -- 9:15 pm Wednesday ESPNU

Yes, they were not guilty of ANYTHING and Currie jumped to conclusions before the facts were in. Image of the University is apparently more important than presuming someone innocent until proven guilty.

That's a pretty Wellman-like move.

Sorry for being out of the loop on this one, but why were the Neath and others allowed to play last night? Not guilty?

Yes, they were not guilty of ANYTHING and Currie jumped to conclusions before the facts were in. Image of the University is apparently more important than presuming someone innocent until proven guilty. They should have waited for Disney to investigate (which they have since done and exonerated the players) and support their student athletes until proven otherwise. I think Wake's halfhearted attempt at spinning this to make amends for presuming these players guilty off the get go was inadequate and poorly done. They should be issued a full apology by the athletic department and the University as well.

The Mannequin made me some money last night. I took -6.5 and under 68.5 for first half and PsU -2.5 for second half. Went 3-0 :cool:

yeah the light year thing was a joke, since there was a heated discussion on distance v time, and since we suck...

I see the offending tag is gone. some tagger is really obsessed with obesity. like, really obsessed.

Han Solo made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

This line could come from:
a. The writers not understand astronomical time and distance units. One parsec is about 3.26 light years (3.086e13 kilometers.)
or
b. Han was bragging that he found a shortcut, to make the Kessel Run covering a shorter distance than the "regular route" required.

It's well known, in certain circles, that the writer messed up.

The film Solo explained b just fine.

Yes, they were not guilty of ANYTHING and Currie jumped to conclusions before the facts were in. Image of the University is apparently more important than presuming someone innocent until proven guilty. They should have waited for Disney to investigate (which they have since done and exonerated the players) and support their student athletes until proven otherwise. I think Wake's halfhearted attempt at spinning this to make amends for presuming these players guilty off the get go was inadequate and poorly done. They should be issued a full apology by the athletic department and the University as well.
I think the school acted pretty much how they had to they had to take the accusations seriously and couldn't have really played those players before the investigation was done.

I think the school acted pretty much how they had to they had to take the accusations seriously and couldn't have really played those players before the investigation was done.

But the fact they put it out there and did not just handle it internally until at least a few facts were known allowed the broadcasters of the game to mention the suspension several times. This left the impression they must have been guilty of something. It is never a good idea to rush to judgement

But the fact they put it out there and did not just handle it internally until at least a few facts were known allowed the broadcasters of the game to mention the suspension several times. This left the impression they must have been guilty of something. It is never a good idea to rush to judgement

Wake had to go "public" once the accuser put the letter with the accusations on her twitter. If Danny had simply not had the two involved not play, the twitterverse would have easily found Kim's letter and been all over it. Wake had to address that letter before the game.

Unfortunate situation for the players because, despite circumstances where there were supposedly multiple cameras and where witnesses should have been plentiful, it appears there was nothing to substantiate the accusation.

On the flip side, it also appears there was nothing to completely exonerate the players. Leaving, apparently a "she said/he said " situation. Maybe the whole thing was simply pronunciation and/or idiomatic phrase usage differences between NY/Canada and soCal.

This is why putting it on Twitter annoyed me. But then BeachBumDeac reminded us that “all bigotry should be publicly called out.”

Back