• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Penn State -- 9:15 pm Wednesday ESPNU

Parlayed Penn St and the under. Makes too much sense, so it will probably lose.

Not sure where they get their milk...but Wawa's big farm isn't more than 20-30 miles away. :)

Your miles reference reminded me of a continuing refrain from PSU students....

" Our campus is only 3 hours from everywhere "

Across the street and up the lane from the cows in Wawa is the Franklin Mint. I wonder if they are harnessing all the cow farts to have a carbon neutral facility.

You're reference reminds me of something too.
When I lived in Pittsburgh years ago, it always annoyed me that locals repeatedly would give an answer in "____ hours/minutes away" when asked where something was. Never once did anyone ever give an answer as to distance, only some unhelpful answer of "time." You'd have to directly ask them how many miles something was to get it.
That must be very much a Pennsylvania Thing.

I can’t wait to see the social media response from those that saw the incident differently than Coach Manning.

I’m sure it’ll be rational and civil.

Well, based on some of the "hot takes" on this Board, this must mean that someone working at Disneyland is getting fired.

You're reference reminds me of something too.
When I lived in Pittsburgh years ago, it always annoyed me that locals repeatedly would give an answer in "____ hours/minutes away" when asked where something was. Never once did anyone ever give an answer as to distance, only some unhelpful answer of "time." You'd have to directly ask them how many miles something was to get it.
That must be very much a Pennsylvania Thing.

I don’t remember the last time I hear anybody talk about how far away a drive was in miles.

“Significant discrepancies” in the account of a Twitter user in the Age of Jussie? Whoever could have foreseen such a scenario?

What is more surprising are the numbers of posters on this board and purported Wake grads in Twitterworld who were ready to unquestioningly believe the worst about Wake athletes based on one uncorroborated allegation on social media.

“Significant discrepancies” in the account of a Twitter user in the Age of Jussie? Whoever could have foreseen such a scenario?

What is more surprising are the numbers of posters on this board and purported Wake grads in Twitterworld who were ready to unquestioningly believe the worst about Wake athletes based on one uncorroborated allegation on social media.

I know you aren't talking about me specifically but if my opinion (or anyone's online opinion) actually mattered in the lives of the accused nobody wouldn't rush to judgment... but anyone pretending to not have an initial opinion is full of ****. I kept searching for a potential motive for why the accuser could make something like that up and take it so far... and I honestly couldn't see any reason why someone would do that (i.e. lie). My initial feeling was she's probably telling the truth but likely exaggerating some of the facts, wants to right a wrong against her friends, but also probably wants to get some attention (this is after I saw her Twitter page on which she's tweeted FORTY-TWO THOUSAND TIMES). I didn't tweet or post my opinion one way or another, I don't think I'd ever accuse an accuser of lying unless I personally had facts that contradicted their account. When I see the WSJ article noting that Wake's VP of Diversity & Inclusion assisted in an investigation which was conducted with the cooperation of Disney I feel very confident in the conclusion and fully supporting the players.

The reporting

A review of the incident at Disneyland over the weekend has led Wake Forest to the determination that there are “significant discrepancies” in what was accused of and what actually happened between basketball players Jahcobi Neath and Mike Wynn and an employee of the park.

seems to overstate the identified “discrepancies” if from this quote:

“Following a review of the incident that was completed with the cooperation of park officials, we have determined that there are significant discrepancies among individual perspectives of what transpired,”

Anyhow, I wasn’t there. But it sounds like there is no objective or reviewable evidence other than testimony of involved parties. Whose recollections vary significantly.

So time to move on. Hopefully if there’s a lesson to be learned it is learned.

I’m glad the university took it seriously and did an investigation.

The quote does make it seem like other players said it didn’t happen. I’m not sure what other witnesses they’d be able to question. Disney isn’t going to contact random guests to ask them about this.

Can we remove the slur from the tags? Thanks...

I've always been annoyed with the lack of censorship on these boards. Do we really need to spell the word F*** in the title of multiple threads? Expletives, racial and homophobic slurs and other certain words like Bzde|ik should automatically be censored.

30 seconds in and it’s clear these guys know nothing about Wake Forest hoops. So that should be fun.

Play by play guy thought Maryland was in the ACC and Notre Dame in the B1G.

This is going to be a rough one.

Back