• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Penn State -- 9:15 pm Wednesday ESPNU

I don’t remember the last time I hear anybody talk about how far away a drive was in miles.
You've seriously never inquired about or had someone describe a place as, e.g., "about three miles down the road?"
You definitely aren't Southern. Or Midwestern. Or West Coastal.

What can you say about that, except that we were beaten soundly in every phase of the game...including hustle. We have a bunch of guys who seem to be afraid of floor burns...the only time our guys went to the floor was when they were knocked down by Penn State players diving for loose balls.

You've seriously never inquired about or had someone describe a place as, e.g., "about three miles down the road?"
You definitely aren't Southern. Or Midwestern. Or West Coastal.

Not if they're driving. Usually they'll just say "it's about 5 minutes away."

Any navigation app prioritizes time over distance.

Distance is a way to determine how long a trip will take. We spend time, not distance.

Last edited:
I use distance all the time. I'm more interested in where things are spacially.

A GPS app doesn't tell you to drive 5.3 minutes and then merge left. Or to turn left in 7.65 seconds. I don't tell someone to walk 3 minutes, take a left and walk 10 seconds...I tell them to walk 3 blocks, take a left and it's the 3rd door.

A GPS app doesn't tell you to drive 5.3 minutes and then merge left. Or to turn left in 7.65 seconds. I don't tell someone to walk 3 minutes, take a left and walk 10 seconds...I tell them to walk 3 blocks, take a left and it's the 3rd door.

You must not be using Waze. The app uses time to next turn. Not distance.

Is it any coincidence that now we had our full roster back that Manning was making inane substitutions less than two minutes into the game and we looked extremely disjointed again?

Worst bench coach in ACC history

Walking is different. That’s why I said driving.

In cities, sure you can say it’s 15 miles away, but you’re more likely to say “it’s 20 minutes if there’s no traffic.”

The city example is exactly why people generally use time over distance. “10 miles away” tells you nothing without the context of how you get there and how much time it would take. It’s relatively worthless information.

I was about to make a comment about the weird navigation argument, but then I noticed the bigoted epithet in the tags. We're just letting that stuff go now?

I was about to make a comment about the weird navigation argument, but then I noticed the bigoted epithet in the tags. We're just letting that stuff go now?
Tags should show the poster when someone places their cursor or long presses over one. Not sure of any benefit to tags being anonymous. They're supposed to be a system so that people can link together similar topics, not an anonymous commenting system.

Ever since the rep system went away from being anonymous the issues there have dropped significantly. Doing the same to tags (if possible?) would probably have a similar result.

Sorry for being out of the loop on this one, but why were the Neath and others allowed to play last night? Not guilty?

Tags should show the poster when someone places their cursor or long presses over one. Not sure of any benefit to tags being anonymous. They're supposed to be a system so that people can link together similar topics, not an anonymous commenting system.

Ever since the rep system went away from being anonymous the issues there have dropped significantly. Doing the same to tags (if possible?) would probably have a similar result.

Agreed. I rarely see tags because I read on my phone, but when I do see them they are often horrible and embarrassing. Do we really want to be associated with the racist and misogynistic tags on this board? And who writes that kind of stuff? Make tags associated with the user that posts them.

Agreed. I rarely see tags because I read on my phone, but when I do see them they are often horrible and embarrassing. Do we really want to be associated with the racist and misogynistic tags on this board? And who writes that kind of stuff? Make tags associated with the user that posts them.

In.

As I've said for years, tags are for cowards who are afraid to take credit for what they are posting. As long as they are anonymous, this will always be true.

I use distance all the time. I'm more interested in where things are spacially.

The best summary to last nights game is this game thread turning into a bizarre argument about gps using time or distance. As boring and pointless as that argument was it was still better than the game. Sad how irrelevant this team has become. It isn’t even just the coaching. (Although the coaching is terrible and instills no energy in the team) The talent just isn’t there. This is bob staak era bad.

Can boil our terrible-ness down to this one stat: shoot mid to upper 40% (Prosser & Odom) and we'd probably be undefeated. Hey Danny, how about recruiting some shooters vs athletes and guys that are just tall?

Back