• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Seats Rights

DownEastDeac

Reaction score
I purchased mine when thy were first offered (2008?) in the (for Wake anyway) "frenzy" of the post-Orange Bowl excitement. As those of you who also bought them know, you could get rights to purchase your selected seats for 15 years by paying $1,500 per seat. I'm guessing the overwhelming majority of these things sold to-date occurred in that initial offering period, which means in 2-3 years a ton of these things will expire. I think the DC is going to have a major challenge in getting rights renewals for general seating ticket holders; Tower may be a different story, as much of it is corporate. I definitely won't renew (will be too old 15 years from now), though I'll gladly keep my same seats on a season-to-season basis assuming I don't get booted to less desirable seats.
It will be interesting to see how the DC/athletic dept. handles this situation as they will surely try to get sign-ups for renewals, but must be also careful not to alienate those who don't plan to renew a contract but still will purchase season tickets if no jerked around too much.

My dad had season tickets in section 4 for 20 years before the PSL’s were introduced. He told the AD to go fuck themselves and hasn’t had season tickets since.

Need to add chairbacks throughout more of the stadium and just sell as many season tickets as they can on the home side. Even if capacity drops a bit, it's overdue and would help it not to look so empty.

Also wish that a TV camera platform would be added at the top of the visitor's side ... would improve the perceived TV atmosphere by 1000%. I vaguely recall such a sketch up back during the initial stadium improvements convos... along with adding brick face to the sides of the stands where it is just concrete now.

Somewhat related to this topic:

A friend bought PSLs the first year available (2008?), 2 seats in great location, home side with chair backs. He doesn’t know if he can continue attending. He’s open to selling his PSL rights but is that even allowed? Not sure how many years he has remaining on his PSL.

Your dad sure showed the AD who's boss!!!!!

Not really, but I wonder how many others did the same. I know of a lawyer in King who did the same except he ended up just getting cheap chairbacks on the away side a few years later. I highly doubt the PSL’s made the school much money in the long run.

Not really, but I wonder how many others did the same. I know of a lawyer in King who did the same except he ended up just getting cheap chairbacks on the away side a few years later. I highly doubt the PSL’s made the school much money in the long run.

I think they did fairly well.

Also wish that a TV camera platform would be added at the top of the visitor's side ... would improve the perceived TV atmosphere by 1000%. I vaguely recall such a sketch up back during the initial stadium improvements convos... along with adding brick face to the sides of the stands where it is just concrete now.

Would only work for night games. That camera would shoot into the sun for every afternoon game.

Somewhat related to this topic:

A friend bought PSLs the first year available (2008?), 2 seats in great location, home side with chair backs. He doesn’t know if he can continue attending. He’s open to selling his PSL rights but is that even allowed? Not sure how many years he has remaining on his PSL.

I'm 99% sure they are non-transferable.

Wake football PSLs were the biggest argument in our marriage - wife wanted them for our season tickets and I was like - hell no. I am not paying 1500 each for 6 seats that I could buy for $20 each in the parking lot just 2 years ago.

Camera under cover, aim at field, problem solved

Exactly. The "sun is in the camera" problem is important, but far less than the most embarrassing televised games on television - our home games - where we either see:

- Nobody in the stands (east)
- Orange, red, blue or the opposing team's color (east)
- Our 10-20% full student section (east)

We do not see our fans cheering our team (west) and our touchdowns, sacks etc. --- 99% of the time. You may get a sliver of a corner of a section in the end zone.

So figure out the sun issue somehow since the real issue is the pathetic TV experience (we look like giant LOWF for almost every single game on TV).

How many seats were actually sold under the seats rights program?

Back