• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football transfer thread: General NCAA transfer rules talk

Wish Waydale the best where ever he ends up.

Conflict of interest here?

No, didn’t even consider DG when posting that. I surmise Jones knows DG will be the starter at one WR position next year or he wouldn’t be leaving. And Surratt will probably return to graduate, enjoy all of the notoriety (pre-season All-American, etc) and enjoy college for another year. He’s a big deal in the ACC.

One of the differences between Hinton and Jones is that Hinton is from the area and Jones is from Texas. I would imagine he has interest in returning closer to home

Manny Walker in portal.

not super surprising since he participated in Senior Day

hope he gets his degree in the spring

EKEdHprXsAI_EuZ.jpg

Conor's list of Senior Day honorees with those with eligibility starred:

EJvxwc3XsAcsggM.jpg:large

Last edited:
Just beginning to realize we will likely be without potentially several guys for the bowl game.

In addition to those already injured/OFTY, we know Smith, Walker and Jones are gone. Plus guys like Basham, Gilliam, Herron, Benzinger may opt-out to not risk injury per pro prospects. And do we know how Newman's knee is looking ?

Have I missed any other potential guys ?

Just beginning to realize we will likely be without potentially several guys for the bowl game.

In addition to those already injured/OFTY, we know Smith, Walker and Jones are gone. Plus guys like Basham, Gilliam, Herron, Benzinger may opt-out to not risk injury per pro prospects. And do we know how Newman's knee is looking ?

Have I missed any other potential guys ?

Who is Smith?

Going on a limb and assuming they think CBS aka Christian Beal-Smith is gonzo after his suspension that he is going to now bail?

Yes, he's referring to CBS, who is out for the year (and all Hondo is talking about is the bowl game here)

Yes, he's referring to CBS, who is out for the year (and all Hondo is talking about is the bowl game here)

When he says "Smith, Walker, and Jones are gone" and 2 of those are officially in the transfer portal I would assume it is more than a bowl game based on that statement. But maybe poor grammar?

When he says "Smith, Walker, and Jones are gone" and 2 of those are officially in the transfer portal I would assume it is more than a bowl game based on that statement. But maybe poor grammar?

I'm not going to try to comment on what Hondo meant to say, other than that his introductory sentence specifically mentioned who we would have available in the bowl game. We know CBS has been suspended for this season. There has been no announcement anywhere regarding any change to his status beyond this season.

Jones is gone. We are recruiting wideouts to replace him.

From DD Digest: "Walker was the fourth-highest rated member of the 2016 Wake Forest signing class, as a three-star prospect who picked the Deacs over Georgia, Miami, Penn State and North Carolina. He redshirted his first season, then was out with an injury in 2017. Having played just two years, it’s likely he could get an NCAA waiver for a sixth year of eligibility."

Forgot he was that highly regarded out of HS.

The thing about transfer portals is that every school has high recruits who may have struggled early on and are looking for opportunities and will enter the portal. Given Wake's offense and our upward trajectory under Clawson I would think for every kid we are bummed about transferring we could, if we so choose, land an equally talented kid to transfer in. zero sum game at worst case. it'd be different if we were a sinking ship. Or a sunken ship like hoops. In the Mariana Trench.

Stop worrying. Colorado State will find someone else.

Happy USC is keeping Helton. Short-term, that is good news for us. However, that means they might figure out next year or the year after that Helton is not the answer ...

Back