• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football transfer thread: General NCAA transfer rules talk

A degree from Stanford, WFU, and other elite universities can open up a lot of doors for an athlete. It’s a huge part of the WFU recruiting pitch. Look at starting salaries of WFU graduates and salaries after 10 years. Money and success don’t guarantee happiness, but they don’t hurt.

FAMU has a 40% graduation rate.

That’s probably much higher for student athletes.

It’s funny that Biff is so triggered by someone suggesting a kid can succeed after going to an HBCU that he’s looking up graduation rates.

I’m guessing you aren’t a WFU grad?

You guessed wrong. I graduated in 1971. I shared your value for education. The 48 years of experience since graduation has continued to educate me. The same will happen to you if you are open minded, inquisitive and you are willing to change.

That’s probably much higher for student athletes.

It’s funny that Biff is so triggered by someone suggesting a kid can succeed after going to an HBCU that he’s looking up graduation rates.

Yeah, took me about as long as it did for you to respond to my post.

I guess there's no reason to go to a highly regarded national university when you can go to the worst college in the state.

I guess there's no reason to go to a highly regarded national university when you can go to the worst college in the state.

Yeah, the WFU degree looks no better than “couldn’t get in anywhere else” U on your resume, graduate school application and hanging on your wall. I will admit that after you get that first job, it means a bit less. You have to go get it. I’ve never had a client or juror ask me where I went to undergrad or law school.

Is UGA still accredited? Anybody who graduates from kindergarten gets in, right?

Ideally I think the point of a top education, for the careers in which it’s useful, is that people don’t have to ask you what type of school you went to, because it’s self-evident.

Yeah, the WFU degree looks no better than “couldn’t get in anywhere else” U on your resume, graduate school application and hanging on your wall. I will admit that after you get that first job, it means a bit less. You have to go get it. I’ve never had a client or juror ask me where I went to undergrad or law school.

Many clients have probably viewed your credentials, including undergrad and law school graduated from. And as you should be well aware, choice of law school has major impact on intern and summer associate positions available.

Charlotte Law grads weren't getting long looks from top level DC law firms. Where you get your degrees does matter.

Because I can't edit,

Or perhaps your line about clients not asking was tongue in cheek.

Ideally I think the point of a top education, for the careers in which it’s useful, is that people don’t have to ask you what type of school you went to, because it’s self-evident.

This is very true.

Is UGA still accredited? Anybody who graduates from kindergarten gets in, right?

Yeah, you dumbshit. Not even sure what your point is. Pretty sure they haven't been on any accreditory probation recently or ever, unlike UNC-CH.

Does anyone know if Waydale Jones and Courtney McKinney are on campus and enrolled? I can't find anything indicating that they landed somewhere.

Manny Walker headed to Temple

Good luck to Manny.
I think he’ll do well at Temple.
I was always expecting him to break out at Wake. For whatever reason, it never happened.

B1G is floating a proposal to allow student athletes one transfer with no strings attached, and immediate eligibility at the new school.

Transfer within the Big Ten, out of the Big Ten or into the Big Ten?

Back