• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football transfer thread: General NCAA transfer rules talk

So just doing a quick look back over Loses and Gains since the transfer portal started.

2021: 5 losses 0 gains
2020: 8 losses 4 gains
2019: 4 losses 1 gain

Nothing statistically significant. By comparison to the rest of the ACC our roster tends to have more stability.

Sounds like the rest of the ACC has a culture problem.

Sounds like the rest of the ACC has a culture problem.

Well if I had the time I would look at how many starters/major contributors transferred after their breakout seasons. Can't think of any QB's off the top of my head other than ours.

Doh. Georgia commit. FSU player. JUCO QB. NCSU transfer. New arrival to the transfer portal.

2nd Team All SEC Auburn DL Big Kat Bryant from Cordele, GA enters the portal.

Purdue RB Tirek Murphy to the portal.

Tirek has mentioned Buffalo, Cal, UMASS, Western Kentucky and friggin LAFAYETTE as schools that reached out to him. He is hoping to make a decision this month according to 247. No mention of Clawson and Co, but WF Football recruiting follows him on twitter.

Interesting tidbit of note, Utah, who lost 3 RBs to the transfer portal got commitments from former Oklahoma and LSU players to replace them. Its almost like the Utah coaches used the portal to supplement their depth at a position of need.

Oklahoma had 12 players enter the portal, including starters (7 four star players). A little weird because the Sooners will be a pre-season top 5 in 2021. That said, OK will reload.

Oklahoma had 12 players enter the portal, including starters (7 four star players). A little weird because the Sooners will be a pre-season top 5 in 2021. That said, OK will reload.

Only 2 surprises of the bunch. One was Chandler Morris, who I expected to transfer but not until next year, as he was slated to be the #2 backup QB. CM went to TCU, within conference, the little commie shit. The other was John Michael Terry, who has had significant playing time, but may be surpassed by a returning Caleb Kelly (who never stays healthy) and a younger LB. JMT went to Tulsa.

Rambo leaving was somewhat of a surprise, but not much of a loss. So much hype coming into this year and he was, at best, the 4th best WR on a team that was depleted at WR. He has some return skills, though.

OU in the hunt, possibly the favorite for the Tenn OL who is in the portal whose name escapes me. They'll be going after the TE from LSU and the Big Kat from Auburn, but probably not the favorite in either case. Currently, it is looking like they will be under the limit for players next season. They had a really solid class, but missed late on some big names, particularly at RB.

I guess Timmy Clutch could help us analyze the OU "culture issue." You know, they are no Texas. LMAO.

I guess Timmy Clutch could help us analyze the OU "culture issue." You know, they are no Texas. LMAO.

Since this is a Wake Forest forum, I didn't think I needed to spell out the difference between losing a sophomore running backs with 13 TDs and 2 QB's backing up a freshmen, but apparently I was wrong. That is my bad for assuming as such.

Backups and guys who cant get playing time are going to leave, especially when they were 4 stars. I wasn't talking about number of players, I was talking about losing guys who the offense was centered around.

which two did not find a team? That is sad but they have to eat their own cooking.

Walker is going to a bad team and I still do not know why. He was our featured back and I would really like to know what possessed him to leave?

Walker is going to a bad team and I still do not know why. He was our featured back and I would really like to know what possessed him to leave?

He wasn't our featured back, he wasn't even starting, Beal-Smith was the starter. Now , I think he should've been our featured back, but he was at best 1b we Beal-Smith 1a.

Back