• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football transfer thread: General NCAA transfer rules talk

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
According to Les.

Very disappointing. I was looking forward to big things from him next year.

According to Les.

Very disappointing. I was looking forward to big things from him next year.

Agreed. It doesn't mean he is gone, but it certainly makes it likely.

Wonder if we can read into that Sage's intentions at all? Hate to see Waydale go.

Doubt that decision has been made.

Jones sees younger players on the depth chart coming up.

Jones was probably in a three man rotation with Sage and Greene at the outside WR spots. Basically he and Greene would replace Washington and Claude. I don't see anybody else getting in his way. Even if Perry steps up for example, I see more of a rotation than there was with Washington and Claude.

If a younger player was coming up ahead of Jones, he would have played on Saturday.

Last edited:
Doubt that decision has been made.

Jones sees younger players on the depth chart coming up.

Younger players such as? With Sage gone starters at outside receiver next year were likely going to be Jones and Greene with Perry backing them up. With Claude, Washington and Hinton gone I don't even know who the realistic options to play next year are beyond them at outside WR. Groulx was playing slot I think, as was Isaac and Roberson.

Sucks. Dude had 30 TD receptions his senior year of HS (tied for 10th in single season history at any level). Maybe the coaches (and teammates) can rein him back in. Obviously worked out well for Hinton, and did not for Hines.

Groulx would be an option at outside receiver as WF has Morin, Isaac, Roberson and recent commit KeShawn Williams to play the slot.

Also, think Dreyln Ford is option to play WR instead of TE.

He's a redshirt sophomore - is someone going to give him two years to play one, or would he go to FCS?

I assume he's not graduating in 3 years

Groulx would be an option at outside receiver as WF has Morin, Isaac, Roberson and recent commit KeShawn Williams to play the slot.

Also, think Dreyln Ford is option to play WR instead of TE.

I think Groulx would have played if he was a major option to start next year. Interested to hear more about Ford.

My guess is he had a discussion with Sage. Doesn't make sense otherwise unless he was just unhappy at Wake but he has been at Wake 2 1/2 years so you would think he would have figured that out before now.

Hinton put his name in transfer portal and Clawson appeared to do a good job of re-recruiting Hinton. I’m sure he not only had to convince Hinton out of being a QB at another school, but had to convince him of his role and PT as a WR that he hasn’t really played.

May put full court press on Waydale as he has said positive things in PCs.

Didn’t Groulx have an injury that slowed down his progress mid-season? Or did I imagine it?

Jones was probably in a three man rotation with Sage and Greene at the outside WR spots. Basically he and Greene would replace Washington and Claude. I don't see anybody else getting in his way. Even if Perry steps up for example, I see more of a rotation than there was with Washington and Claude.

If a younger player was coming up ahead of Jones, he would have played on Saturday.

Agree. This is odd. Hopefully good news re: Surratt, but I doubt he has decided yet.

While I obviously would prefer Jones returns, I can't say I was particularly impressed by his play (albeit in very limited time). If Surratt returns and Groulx is being considered primarily on the outside (and, on the whole, I liked what I saw from AT Perry more than Jones), I think I'm with Pilch on this one.

He’s had 3 years at WF and shown very little. Don’t let the door hit ya...

Back