• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football transfer thread: General NCAA transfer rules talk

USC is not going after Clawson. Jesus their fan base would have a conniption.

The football world thinks the ACC sucks. No legit program is going to hire an 8 win ACC coach.

USC is not going after Clawson. Jesus their fan base would have a conniption.

None of us know dick. I hate these declarations. USC just hired an AD from Cincy. That is far from fucking sexy as far as AD hires go.

Helton looks like a football coach who you'd find coaching the O-Line at Georgia or something. He doesn't look the USC part. Dave Clawson looks like the coach you'd cast at USC. Add to that, he's a damn good football coach who has won everywhere he's gone. Add to that, foot-wise, you can count on one hand the number of other American cities that can compete with LA in regards to great restaurants. And New York doesn't have a college football team.

I don't know dick either, but I am not declaring my word as gospel either.

I agree that Clawson either needed to beat VTech and Syracuse to get a legit look at a pedigree school or beat Clemson. If Currie cannot figure out how to fill seats though and his son graduates high school, he's gonna fly. In my humble opinion

Ah, we're back to the "Clawson is leaving to find a better food scene" irrational line of thinking.

Univ of SoCal's new AD was also AD at San Diego State and Colorado before Cincinnati. He actually hired Jeff [name redacted] at Colorado before Wellman fell in love with him. The pasttwo AD's were Pat Haden and Lynn Swann and things have been on a downward trend with the hiring of football coaches.

Helton Had a good run with Sam Darnold, but that's about it. Aside from that, the best thing you can say about his tenure is that he isn't Lane Kiffin or Steve Sarkisian. Conversely, he's not Ed Orgeron either. I think it will be a miracle if Helton survives past next year. Recruiting is in the toilet and they open with Alabama next year. They also have ND, Oregon, Utah, and Washington, but all of those PAC12 teams might take a step back with new quarterbacks starting.

All that said, I would be shocked if they come after Dave Clawson unless he goes 11-1 next season, which he won't. Also, Clawson's not leaving Wake for the restaurant scene in LA. I agree that you're right that he may leave if he feels like he's accomplished about as much as he can here, but it's going to be hard to make a jump to a "bigtime" football school without putting together a couple of miraculous seasons.

Courtney McKinney entered portal.

Man, I was looking forward to seeing him on the field but Walker pretty much blew up the future at RB.

This weirdly actually feels like a good development. Nobody is getting on the field to just be a warm body at this point. Competition is getting intense across the board for playing time. Good luck to our guys who are heading elsewhere.

This weirdly actually feels like a good development. Nobody is getting on the field to just be a warm body at this point. Competition is getting intense across the board for playing time. Good luck to our guys who are heading elsewhere.

It will be good if we can replace these guys with players that are at least as good as, or better, than those that leave. That’s questionable this late in the season.

It will be good if we can replace these guys with players that are at least as good as, or better, than those that leave. That’s questionable this late in the season.

Well in at least 2 cases (Jones and McKinney) guys are getting passed by younger players which IMO is a good sign for the growth of our program.

This can give us some slots for guys willing to listen about late offers with the coaching changes

Jones and McKinney have talent and have 2 years left. Hopefully, they can find schools who can utilize their talents instead of them being wasted on the bench.

How many bench warmers at the Clemson’s should we get to replace them?

LSU and Oklahoma reminding you in 10 days that the transfer portal works both ways.

Back