• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big 4 Champs Billboard

To save people the click, here is the billboard

image_handler.aspx

I think it's good to see positive publicity. But, I'm not sure how we can refer to it as "The Big 4 Championship" when the four teams are not even guaranteed to play one another every year.
When do we play UNC again? Six, seven years from now?

In either case, Go Deacs!!!

Sort of a womp-womp after that Syracuse game.

I know this is hard to believe, but Wake is actually not located in the New England/New Jersey area. So what does a game against Syracuse have anything to do with being the best team in NC?

But, I'm not sure how we can refer to it as "The Big 4 Championship" when the four teams are not even guaranteed to play one another every year.

Why does it matter that it doesn't happen every year? We still did it this year.

Also, we play UNC again in 2021 and 2022

I think it's good to see positive publicity. But, I'm not sure how we can refer to it as "The Big 4 Championship" when the four teams are not even guaranteed to play one another every year.
When do we play UNC again? Six, seven years from now?

In either case, Go Deacs!!!

September 25, 2021.

I know this is hard to believe, but Wake is actually not located in the New England/New Jersey area. So what does a game against Syracuse have anything to do with being the best team in NC?

wait wut?

We are celebrating the success of our football team coming off an absolutely terrible loss.

Stop apologizing and qualifying. If UNC did what we did, they'd certainly claim the Big 4 Championship and every NC media outlet would be kissing their ass.

Are these up already? I drive by a couple almost every day and haven't seen them.

Agreed. And we ordered the billboard a week after we lost to Clemson by 7 touchdowns.

Stop apologizing and qualifying. If UNC did what we did, they'd certainly claim the Big 4 Championship and every NC media outlet would be kissing their ass.

This is absolutely the correct response. The billboards are a power move by Currie - I like it. The one outside the medical center on business 40 is up.

wait wut?

We are celebrating the success of our football team coming off an absolutely terrible loss.

It's also the best regular season we've had since 2007, in addition to winning Mack's coveted "state championship". If we're not going to celebrate now, when should we?

Some people just got to go negative over the most benign things. WTF.

We haven't lost to an instate opponent since 2017. I think we are 9-2 against NC teams since the start of 2016. Flaunt that shit!

Back