• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report NC State Wolfpack - TONIGHT YES FRIDAY - 7 PM - ACCN

Every fan has a different approach. Some will only go to games if Wake is top 5 in the country and playing another top team. Others will support the team even when they are in the dumps. And then there is every level in between. Some think supporting the team is the best way to get things turned around. Others think the opposite. I totally get both opinions, and sometimes the opinions of fans will change over the years, which also makes sense. Everyone is going to have different thresholds and approaches. What I don’t get, is trying to blame other fans for the poor performance of the team, or for their approach as fans. That’s just weird.

What I don’t get, is trying to blame other fans who think the poor performance of the team might be tied to mindless fan support, when that’s their approach as fans. That’s just weird.

Nope. You can have that opinion, and express it. It's when one goes the next step, and blames other fans for the state of our program, that makes it a weird.

So the fans can’t lament all the lapdogs that hold this program back, but you can criticize them for that lament. Got it.

It’s the old “I’ll determine who can and can’t have an opinion” technique that rchill was fond of.

What I don’t get, is trying to blame other fans who think the poor performance of the team might be tied to mindless fan support, when that’s their approach as fans. That’s just weird.

Again, I don't blame other fans. I have my opinions on how to approach our terrible basketball situation, but I don't blame other people if they have a different opinion.

Again, I don't blame other fans. I have my opinions on how to approach our terrible basketball situation, but I don't blame other people if they have a different opinion.

Then why did you feel the need to point out that their approach was “weird”?

Then why did you feel the need to point out that their approach was “weird”?

Ugh, this is getting repetitive... Anyone can have any opinion and approach they want. It's when they start blaming others for taking a different approach when it gets weird. Blaming fans for the state of the basketball program is weird.

The fan blaming is a neat AD trick and also why Clawson comes dangerously close to needing to STfU sometimes. Who else blames the fans other than out of touch WF officials?

Nick Saban criticized the Bama students for not showing up and leaving early.

Ugh, this is getting repetitive... Anyone can have any opinion and approach they want. It's when they start blaming others for taking a different approach when it gets weird. Blaming fans for the state of the basketball program is weird.

I understand where you’re coming from. I just don’t think you see the inherent consistency in these two statements. You are directly contradicting yourself. It’s all good. We all want the same thing and just disagree on how to get there.

I understand where you’re coming from. I just don’t think you see the inherent consistency in these two statements. You are directly contradicting yourself. It’s all good. We all want the same thing and just disagree on how to get there.

No, I get your point regarding the inconsistency - I see it. It is the active “calling out” of fans that attend games that seems, to me, to take it to another level.

You are certainly correct that we want the same thing.

Danny needs to be fired. There's no excuse for his continued failure.

I was on board with "we're looking at 10 lost years" pretty early but was not the first. Any idea who first said it?

I am getting quite tired of the players comments in the paper after each game we lose. Just like in today's paper, which was after Game 10, I believe it was Chaundee pointing out our mistakes. Trouble is it was the same mistakes from the start of the season, Game 30, Game 20 or Game 10 of last season where such & such needs to get fixed in practice. We need to come out with more fire. We need to start playing defense at the beginning of the game instead of turning it on in the 2nd half. We need to work on our turnovers, yada yada yada. This bunch ain't gonna do it so let's move on!

I am getting quite tired of the players comments in the paper after each game we lose. Just like in today's paper, which was after Game 10, I believe it was Chaundee pointing out our mistakes. Trouble is it was the same mistakes from the start of the season, Game 30, Game 20 or Game 10 of last season where such & such needs to get fixed in practice. We need to come out with more fire. We need to start playing defense at the beginning of the game instead of turning it on in the 2nd half. We need to work on our turnovers, yada yada yada. This bunch ain't gonna do it so let's move on!
What are they supposed to say- “we suck”? I’m more much more weary of Manning’s bone headed comments.

What are they supposed to say- “we suck”? I’m more much more weary of Manning’s bone headed comments.

Yep. They can't blame Manning. They can't blame their talent. All they're going to say is they're not working hard enough and if they do, they can beat anybody.

Yep. They can't blame Manning. They can't blame their talent. All they're going to say is they're not working hard enough and if they do, they can beat anybody.

I wish we would just get comments from Manning that way he is the only person that looks dumb.

Would anyone really be all that upset if sports reporters just stopped interviewing unpaid teenage athletes and stuck with only interviewing coaches and staff? What's even the point of getting quotes from these kids?

I was at the game. Terrible crowd. Ugly basketball. There was a nice WOLF - PACK chant that got started in the upper levels. AD should be embarrassed. Fuck you Ron Wellman!

Would anyone really be all that upset if sports reporters just stopped interviewing unpaid teenage athletes and stuck with only interviewing coaches and staff? What's even the point of getting quotes from these kids?

At least not post game interviews. Post game interviews don’t tell you much when the pros do it aside from some guys who are particularly good with words.

[/B]
Nick Saban criticized the Bama students for not showing up and leaving early.

When Bama was playing some sh*t football program of zero interest in September. I can't imagine why students wouldn't want to sit in 90 degree heat for 3.5 hours watching 'Bama destroy an overmatched Southern Conference team through incessant stoppages of play when the game is on tv.

The players are in an unfortunate death spiral now. They are used to losing and have very little confidence— I felt the game was over when State went ahead 14-4. As a consequence we don’t play hard for long stretches of the game—State seemed to get all the 50/50 balls , particularly in the second half.

Back