• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report NC State Wolfpack - TONIGHT YES FRIDAY - 7 PM - ACCN

The Bz years were better than these times tho. At least there was hope, and people cared to try and make things happen. Now Wake basketball is like a dead corpse dragging along the bottom of the ocean tied to a fucking anchor.

At least with Bz, we thought he was just a blip. Something that happens to every program once in a while where a bad hire is made, but it’s a problem that’s correctable. Now we are 10 years into the shitshow with no end in sight, and we know beyond a shadow of a doubt the Wake Forest AD has killed the program with total incompetence. Wake Forest basketball is dead. Roadkill. We’ve been left behind. We are DePaul or San Francisco. A has-been program with no future. Wake basketball is finished.

At least with Bz, we thought he was just a blip. Something that happens to every program once in a while where a bad hire is made, but it’s a problem that’s correctable. Now we are 10 years into the shitshow with no end in sight, and we know beyond a shadow of a doubt the Wake Forest AD has killed the program with total incompetence. Wake Forest basketball is dead. Roadkill. We’ve been left behind. We are DePaul or San Francisco. A has-been program with no future. Wake basketball is finished.

Disagree. We can bounce back.

Y'all are forgetting how miserable we were with Bz. Ph is correct; one situation was anger, the other depression and apathy, but both are horrible and I'm not ready to start pining for the Bz days. Just can't do it. Both are in the bottom five worst ACC coaches of all time.

The fan base is far too beaten down for that.

Amen!! And that's the sad part. It's almost like nobody cares anymore.......I will be at the Xavier game to cheer the team on but watching Wake basketball has fallen way down on my radar of things to spend time on, now on to the bowl game.

You're selling DePaul short. They're currently undefeated.

But hey, at least we're currently 2 spots ahead of the UNC Greensboro Fighting Millers in Kenpom.

You're selling DePaul short. They're currently undefeated.

But hey, at least we're currently 2 spots ahead of the UNC Greensboro Fighting Millers in Kenpom.

Only took them 20 years to get to this point.

LOSS= WINNING!

Light...at...the...end...of...the....tunnel!! :thumbsup:

I’m on NCSU.

This could be the game that knocks us out of the top 100 KP. For good.

I’ll be at the movies watching Frozen 2 with my daughters.

Disagree. We can bounce back.

Y'all are forgetting how miserable we were with Bz. Ph is correct; one situation was anger, the other depression and apathy, but both are horrible and I'm not ready to start pining for the Bz days. Just can't do it. Both are in the bottom five worst ACC coaches of all time.

We are past the point of a likely bounce back. It is possible with a fantastic hire, but Wake has lost a lot.
Much like NC State, when they self imposed a near death penalty with Les Robinson, it has been 30 years and they are still trying to comeback.

It's really the second bad hire that cements the culture of losing. It took UVA about 25 years.

The culture of losing and an AD that really could not care less is not likely to change quickly.
I have yet to see any indication from those that matter that they have any idea that there is a problem.

Childress 39% from 2 and 12-42 from 3 so far this year. Glad he worked with CMM on his shooting during the offseason!!

We are past the point of a likely bounce back. It is possible with a fantastic hire, but Wake has lost a lot.
Much like NC State, when they self imposed a near death penalty with Les Robinson, it has been 30 years and they are still trying to comeback.

It's really the second bad hire that cements the culture of losing. It took UVA about 25 years.

The culture of losing and an AD that really could not care less is not likely to change quickly.
I have yet to see any indication from those that matter that they have any idea that there is a problem.

I hear you. You may be right. I still think a good hire and we immediately stanch the worst of the bleeding. But like my tag line says, hoping against hope.

That was a pretty harsh evaluation of Wake with those facts. Doesn't say a lot for NCSU either to only be favored by just one!

I hope I’m wrong , since it’s always nice to beat a rival, but I would be all over State -4. They have more talent at every position, and there is no home court advantage playing State at the Joel. I like Keatts as a coach and recruiter, his teams have a tendency to play dumb basketball at the wrong times.

Back