• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report NC State Wolfpack - TONIGHT YES FRIDAY - 7 PM - ACCN

I disagree. I think the UNC game last year was the worst - just a massive number of UNC fans and a pitiful on-court performance by Wake. That is followed by the Duke game last year. The game was a little better, but there were even more Duke fans than UNC fans (because they wanted to see Zion).

I agree with most of your other assessments. I would add that Sarr has been pretty good this year. As I have written before, we have the players to be much better, but we have no identity. No defensive strategy, no offensive plan, and no situational awareness. At the end of the half yesterday we stopped State and were within 7 with the ball and 13 seconds left. Instead of holding for the last shot, we ran a fast break, turned it over, and let State score. Low, low bball IQ.

I’m not going to any more games. It’s too depressing. We have a few decent players but we are so poorly coached that we might not win another game. If we win one (or 2 or 3), it will be due to one or two players getting hot on a given night. We will win nothing through coaching/schemes. And yes, the play by “Junior” at the end of the half was a microcosm of 6 years of Dumb Danny. The extra timeout Dumbo took to cost us a game early in his first season was a harbinger of things to come.

I expect Currie to cut our losses and fire Dumbo in January.

It was a panel discussion hosted by Currie including those responsible for financing and building the LJVM 30 years ago. Robert Siler was on the panel as the first player to score in the building along with Gene Hooks and the present W-S mayor among others.

Mostly Deacon Club members were in attendance along with some former players such as Medlin and Kitley and Coach Odom, who received a standing ovation when introduced.

No questions were allowed during the formal presentation, but in mingling around the room after it was over, the Deacon Clubbers are ready for a coaching change and their pining for the good times under Coach Odom was obvious. Hooks himself complimented Odom in his closing statement.

Currie got the message loud and clear about "good coaching" needed to compete in the ACC right from Hooks himself.

Of course no questions were allowed. Right out of the Wellman playbook.

It has finally happened. I think I posted last year that I wouldn't watch this shit but would then watch 70% of the games. This test I am honestly out. I read box scores.

Manning, I quit you

I find it hard to believe anyone would go to the games.

The decision to retain Manning was just unbelievable. There was close to zero percent chance this season would not be a our 10th wasted season in a row.

Giving this season to Manning was just disrespectful to the players and the fans.

Anyone paying money for tickets at this point is just perpetuating this shit.

This season was never going to play out any other way. Whoever made the ultimate decision to retain Manning thinking anything might be different is a complete fucking fool. People who have supported these asshats for the last several years just piss me off.

I find it hard to believe anyone would go to the games.

There are still boot lickers in the FB groups who wear it as a badge of honor that they are the "real" fans because they are showing up and cheering for Manning to succeed as long as he's our coach. They were super excited about our "strong" showing out in CA. :tard:

Last edited:
This season was never going to play out any other way. Whoever made the ultimate decision to retain Manning thinking anything might be different is a complete fucking fool. People who have supported these asshats for the last several years just piss me off.

I agree. But I’m not sure who you are referring to with your last sentence. If you are referring to the administration, then I agree. If you are referring to fans, then I really disagree. Some have blamed the fans and donors, which is a really bad look in my opinion.

Some have blamed the fans and donors, which is a really bad look in my opinion.

Agreed. Really bad look for those donors who bought into Wellman's culture club wet dream.

Agreed. Really bad look for those donors who bought into Wellman's culture club wet dream.

Every fan has a different approach. Some will only go to games if Wake is top 5 in the country and playing another top team. Others will support the team even when they are in the dumps. And then there is every level in between. Some think supporting the team is the best way to get things turned around. Others think the opposite. I totally get both opinions, and sometimes the opinions of fans will change over the years, which also makes sense. Everyone is going to have different thresholds and approaches. What I don’t get, is trying to blame other fans for the poor performance of the team, or for their approach as fans. That’s just weird.

Not blaming fans still showing up, even if I think they are next level dumb. Blaming the people with the $$ and influence to have spoken up and done something about this years ago, who didn't, because they shared Wellman's weird culture club dream of what college basketball should look like.

Every fan has a different approach. Some will only go to games if Wake is top 5 in the country and playing another top team. Others will support the team even when they are in the dumps. And then there is every level in between. Some think supporting the team is the best way to get things turned around. Others think the opposite. I totally get both opinions, and sometimes the opinions of fans will change over the years, which also makes sense. Everyone is going to have different thresholds and approaches. What I don’t get, is trying to blame other fans for the poor performance of the team, or for their approach as fans. That’s just weird.

That's what you're doing.

That's what you're doing.

Nope, I’m not blaming the fans. I’m blaming Manning, Wellman, and any other admins that that thought it was a good idea to keep Manning around.

Not blaming fans still showing up, even if I think they are next level dumb. Blaming the people with the $$ and influence to have spoken up and done something about this years ago, who didn't, because they shared Wellman's weird culture club dream of what college basketball should look like.

I blame the fans as well.

If a restaurant is serving really bad food with a bad attitude and people still go there to eat, why would they make a change?

Everyone who paid money or gave money in the last two years of BZ or the last two years of Manning are complicit.
At that point it was beyond obvious that these guys were never going to be any good at all.

What I don’t get, is trying to blame other fans for the poor performance of the team, or for their approach as fans. That’s just weird.

You're blaming other fans for their approach as fans.

You're blaming other fans for their approach as fans.

I think you misread my post. I get why some go to games and others choose not to. I don’t think either approach is “correct.” Both make sense to me.

I can't even watch. I have watched too many Spurs games and enough Villanova and Virginia game to just get hugely bummed that we have ruined the collegiate basketball experience of over a dozen 4star recruits over the last decade, maybe as many as 20 by not teaching them how to run offense, not teaching them how to play defense, throwing them under the bus, not providing a clear playing career trajectory over the course of their 4 years, not providing them clear understanding of expectations over the course of one year.

You could quite easily refer to the last 10 years of Wake basketball as The Lost Boys.

giphy.gif

I think you misread my post. I get why some go to games and others choose not to. I don’t think either approach is “correct.” Both make sense to me.

Seems to me you’re basically saying, “everybody has their own approach, everybody has their own threshold, etc.” Well, some of us as fans take the approach that not supporting the team in its current iteration is what’s best long-term for the team. Therefore anybody who supports the team, especially financially, is not helping the cause and in fact might be hurting it in our opinion. So that’s not an approach or threshold of which you approve. Were “allowed” not to support the team, but we better keep that opinion to ourselves, right? Otherwise we’re just being “weird.”

Seems to me you’re basically saying, “everybody has their own approach, everybody has their own threshold, etc.” Well, some of us as fans take the approach that not supporting the team in its current iteration is what’s best long-term for the team. Therefore anybody who supports the team, especially financially, is not helping the cause and in fact might be hurting it in our opinion. So that’s not an approach or threshold of which you approve. Were “allowed” not to support the team, but we better keep that opinion to ourselves, right? Otherwise we’re just being “weird.”

Nope. You can have that opinion, and express it. It's when one goes the next step, and blames other fans for the state of our program, that makes it a weird.

Back