• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report NC State Wolfpack - TONIGHT YES FRIDAY - 7 PM - ACCN

We don’t run plays to get players shots. There is no movement except for dribbling and pick and roll. No backdoors. No back screens. No shuffle cuts. It’s up to the players to get their own shots one on one. Accordingly, we shot over 50% and had 10 assists. Dean Smith would throw up watching our half court offense.

We have one player who averages over 2 ast a game and that player took 1/4 of our shots.

Just taking a guess off the top of my head of Programs not making the NCAA Tourney since 2010, so someone would have to verify this.

ACC: BC, Wake
Big 10: Rutgers
Big 12: none
Pac 12: Wash St
SEC: none

Programs that made it only 1 time over past 10 years:
Northwestern, Penn St, Nebraska, GTech, TCU, Oregon St., Miss St., Alabama, SC

Thanks. I was talking about any 10 year gap over the last 40 or so years. Trying to figure out how long a program rebound will take. It’s hard to imagine we can get good and stay good especially in the modern era. We can hope to be like State at this point. I’m just worried we can’t do much better than that over the next 20 years.

Didn’t watch the game. Frozen 2.

But why is anyone ripping on Childress with the shooting numbers he put up today?

Manning is the problem.

I mean, there are dozens of things to criticize, but none of this gets better until we have a new coach.

If the alumni and fan base don’t become more vocal, this shit will continue.

We are too nice. We are too polite. We need to be assholes so this will end sooner rather than later.

Attended the LJVM 30th anniversary panel festivities hosted by Currie before the game. Overflow crowd in the Allegacy Room.

Good to see Coach Odom there. Believe me the natives are restless.

Chaundee Brown needs to heal. Being a warrior won't win games. His production has fallen off a cliff and he is playing PF most of his time on the floor. Manning should sit him the next two games and give him four weeks to get healthy. The team might be able to win the A&T game without him.

FWIW, Currie was sitting with Hatch in the end zone seats near the WF bench.

Last edited:
Attended the LJVM 30th anniversary panel festivities hosted by Currie before the game. Overflow crowd in the Allegacy Room.

Tell us more. The last decade has been a dumpster fire. How did they fill up a room? Did Currie make excuses like his mentor did (oh Heavens Yes)? Does he know that Manning sucks dick? Or was it all ass kissers like Braces Deac and 81 Deac who ate the soft serve straight from Ronnie's sphincter?

The natives should’ve been restless when WeLLman announced Jeff [Redacted] as our head coach.

We are 10 years into the biggest shit show in college basketball- restless should have left the building when we lost to Stetson on our own floor. If alumni and the fan base are only just now restless, this program will never turn around.

Danny Manning has no business coaching Wake Forest basketball. I’m sure he’s a nice man and the players seem to like him, but in the business of college basketball, he has failed. The AD- BOTH of them at this point- has allowed this to happen and have cultivated a culture of suck, funded by those who are just now restless after 10 freaking years of historically embarrassing basketball.

We are the worst program in the ACC, but let’s all smile, politely clap, sip a little wine, munch on hors d’oeuvres, and pretend like we believe Manning needs just one more season.

We wouldn’t want to come across as anything other than nice. Oh, Heavens no. We are Wake Forest.

Sure, let’s continue to pull against our own school. That sounds like a winning strategy!

The only winning strategy for fans at this point is to make sure Currie knows that another year of Manning is unacceptable. Whatever the buyout is, he has to raise it and we have to move on.

Manning has been given more than a fair shot. We can’t let a buyout hold the school hostage when it is clear he cannot do the job. We will be fortunate to get to 4 wins in conference this year and there is no way you can keep a coach that has stopped being effective on the recruiting trail, and can’t win 1/3 of his games in conference.

Sure, let’s continue to pull against our own school. That sounds like a winning strategy!

How is recognizing your school’s basketball program sucks because of poor leadership-from the top down- and demanding a change pulling against your own school?

I’m screaming for Currie to fire Manning NOW because I love Wake Forest and I’m sick of this shit. Our players and the students deserve better.

I’m a Wake fan. Not a Danny Manning fan. I’ll support any WF coach on the sidelines of any sport as long as they do what they were hired to do- graduate young men and young women and WIN.

Alright, which one of you guys left your laptop open yesterday so your 12 year old could go nuts on the Hellums Medical Update thread on PP? He's so mad at y'all's team that it overflowed to ours. Funny read if you're interested.

Tell us more. The last decade has been a dumpster fire. How did they fill up a room? Did Currie make excuses like his mentor did (oh Heavens Yes)? Does he know that Manning sucks dick? Or was it all ass kissers like Braces Deac and 81 Deac who ate the soft serve straight from Ronnie's sphincter?

It was a panel discussion hosted by Currie including those responsible for financing and building the LJVM 30 years ago. Robert Siler was on the panel as the first player to score in the building along with Gene Hooks and the present W-S mayor among others.

Mostly Deacon Club members were in attendance along with some former players such as Medlin and Kitley and Coach Odom, who received a standing ovation when introduced.

No questions were allowed during the formal presentation, but in mingling around the room after it was over, the Deacon Clubbers are ready for a coaching change and their pining for the good times under Coach Odom was obvious. Hooks himself complimented Odom in his closing statement.

Currie got the message loud and clear about "good coaching" needed to compete in the ACC right from Hooks himself.

I went yesterday and it was the most depressing the Joel has been since the beginning of our 10 year debacle began.

State fans didn’t even care to talk trash. About 4K “Wake fans” if that.

Our fans and the 12 students were unable to get a WAKE FOREST chant going despite a couple futile attempts.

Danny is a buffoon. Need to roll with Chill and neath splitting time at the 1 equally, with maybe Neath starting and letting chill come out the bench for scoring. Chaundee needs to play the 2, Mucius the 3, Ody the 4( the dude has an incredible motor and I think was vastly overrated. He’s the only bright spot on season so far), and roll with Sarr at the 5.

We need 3 of th we 4 on the court at all times to avoid getting brutalized and embarrassed in the paint: Chaundee, mucius, Sarr, Ody.

The 4 guard lineup isn’t going to win any games for us.

Andrien White and Sharone Wright are a joke. They make so many mistakes defensively, they’re woefully inconsistent offensively and just bring so little value. I’d rather muscius an Chaundee take all of their minutes and go with bigger lineup.

Torrey Johnson has surprised me too and is a somewhat bright spot. He works hard on both ends of the floor and has displayed he has the ability to score and make some shots.

I went yesterday and it was the most depressing the Joel has been since the beginning of our 10 year debacle began.

State fans didn’t even care to talk trash. About 4K “Wake fans” if that.

Our fans and the 12 students were unable to get a WAKE FOREST chant going despite a couple futile attempts.

Danny is a buffoon. Need to roll with Chill and neath splitting time at the 1 equally, with maybe Neath starting and letting chill come out the bench for scoring. Chaundee needs to play the 2, Mucius the 3, Ody the 4( the dude has an incredible motor and I think was vastly overrated. He’s the only bright spot on season so far), and roll with Sarr at the 5.

We need 3 of th we 4 on the court at all times to avoid getting brutalized and embarrassed in the paint: Chaundee, mucius, Sarr, Ody.

The 4 guard lineup isn’t going to win any games for us.

Andrien White and Sharone Wright are a joke. They make so many mistakes defensively, they’re woefully inconsistent offensively and just bring so little value. I’d rather muscius an Chaundee take all of their minutes and go with bigger lineup.

Torrey Johnson has surprised me too and is a somewhat bright spot. He works hard on both ends of the floor and has displayed he has the ability to score and make some shots.

I disagree. I think the UNC game last year was the worst - just a massive number of UNC fans and a pitiful on-court performance by Wake. That is followed by the Duke game last year. The game was a little better, but there were even more Duke fans than UNC fans (because they wanted to see Zion).

I agree with most of your other assessments. I would add that Sarr has been pretty good this year. As I have written before, we have the players to be much better, but we have no identity. No defensive strategy, no offensive plan, and no situational awareness. At the end of the half yesterday we stopped State and were within 7 with the ball and 13 seconds left. Instead of holding for the last shot, we ran a fast break, turned it over, and let State score. Low, low bball IQ.

I cannot attend my home court where no Wake fans show and we lose. I cannot sit beside opposing fans and watch them dominate our coliseum. We have to end this madness now.
It is so sad to read these posts and watch this SH*T SHOW continue.

Back