Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Presidents Cup

Presidents Cup

Anyone watching? Know itís not the Ryder cup but still entertaining. Webb paired with reed

Punishingly Intricate
    Iím watching.

DeChambeau is fíing ripped

Overpaid Wax Extractor
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHawk View Post
    Iím watching.

His arms are huge, but so are his butt/legs/waist. He actually looks a bit fat to be honest. But maybe he's got ill fitting pants.

And we look like shit so far except for Tiger

That was a predictable, but brutal eagle putt miss by DJ. Still, an incredible drive.

No Ryder or Presidentís Cup team has come back from a 4-1 Day 1 deficit. So thatís nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post
    His arms are huge, but so are his butt/legs/waist. He actually looks a bit fat to be honest. But maybe he's got ill fitting pants.

He supposedly put on a ton of muscle since being fitted for the uniform:
    https://www.golf.com/news/2019/12/11...ts-cup-growth/

Quote Originally Posted by RacerDeac View Post
    He supposedly put on a ton of muscle since being fitted for the uniform:
    https://www.golf.com/news/2019/12/11...ts-cup-growth/
    There is no way that Dechambeauís chest is 54Ē. Most NFL linemen arenít that big. And I seriously doubt his neck is 18.5.
    The writer of this article didnít know what they were talking about.

Maybe heís training to fight Brooks
    boorish ruffian

Brooks, Johnson, Thomas, Woods

lol at the US olympic team (as it stands today)

The US team may very well come back and win but they just don't play well in these events. I dont know if they just have no team chemistry, if they just like playing individually or what but we have the FAR superior players here and in the ryder cup and continue to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by deacfan123 View Post
    The US team may very well come back and win but they just don't play well in these events. I dont know if they just have no team chemistry, if they just like playing individually or what but we have the FAR superior players here and in the ryder cup and continue to lose.
    Hasn't the US only lost once in the Presidents Cup? Seems like the problem has been the Ryder Cup and not the Presidents Cup.
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by DeacHawk View Post
    Iím watching.

Quote Originally Posted by BacktoBack View Post

He looks like he has been pumping creatine and is carrying a bunch of water weight.

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Hasn't the US only lost once in the Presidents Cup? Seems like the problem has been the Ryder Cup and not the Presidents Cup.
    Mostly just talking about this generation of the team, they looked so uninspiring in France and now it seems like the same. I just thought that would have had them coming out on fire last night. But yes, we do dominate the prez cup historically.

Quote Originally Posted by deacfan123 View Post
    Today is alternate shot, which the other guys have traditionally sucked at. I still bet we come back. I was watching it last night and again have to give some love to 1 of my favorite players, Louis. Dude is 1 of the few non Euros with a winning record against us and is also usually money at the WGC match play. And has the sweetest swing in the history of the game (sorry Tom Purtzer). The other thing that hurts the other guys is Branden Grace was in poor form this year and didn't qualify, and Day had to withdraw. All our guys are ranked in the top 25, whereas only Louis and Hideki are on that team. And Hideki and Scott have balky putters. The only guys they have who remotely scare me are Louis, Leishman and Im. If we lose, it'll likely be because our guys aren't in good form because they're playing it in December, and most of our guys haven't been playing a ton recently. BTW, love the course. Any of you good golfers ever take a golf vacation to Melbourne?

Jet lag to Australia is no joke. Plus we have a lack of familiarity with the course and the wind. The course is not a links course but plays like one only with more run, if possible.

Not sure we can come back from this deficit however. Tiger didn't do Webb any favors in pairing him with Reed. Just don't know if we have many guys who are tenacious enough for this kind of competition. Tiger has the grit but not sure about the others, maybe Reed. We need some guys like Arnie, Raymond Floyd, Lanny, Payne Stewart, Ben Hogan. I think you have to have a mean streak on the course in order to be good at team competiton, especially on the other team's turf.

Now someone will probably tell me that some of the guys I named had horrible Ryder Cup records

A lot of uninspiring play across the board. DJ/Woodland particularly had it rough.

I'm straight up rooting for the internationals.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForest Fan View Post
    Anyone watching? Know itís not the Ryder cup but still entertaining. Webb paired with reed
    Webb drew the short straw?

America has traditionally been excellent in AS at this event. Today should be fun. The pin locations are all pretty ridiculous too (close to the edges of greens) which will make this a blast. Fun event so far. Hope tiger keeps romping.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Webb drew the short straw?

Patrick Reed is trying a new sand wedge this week.
    boorish ruffian