• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presidents Cup

WakeForest Fan

Reaction score
Anyone watching? Know it’s not the Ryder cup but still entertaining. Webb paired with reed

I’m watching.

DeChambeau is f’ing ripped

His arms are huge, but so are his butt/legs/waist. He actually looks a bit fat to be honest. But maybe he's got ill fitting pants.

And we look like shit so far except for Tiger

That was a predictable, but brutal eagle putt miss by DJ. Still, an incredible drive.

No Ryder or President’s Cup team has come back from a 4-1 Day 1 deficit. So that’s nice.

Brooks, Johnson, Thomas, Woods

lol at the US olympic team (as it stands today)

The US team may very well come back and win but they just don't play well in these events. I dont know if they just have no team chemistry, if they just like playing individually or what but we have the FAR superior players here and in the ryder cup and continue to lose.

The US team may very well come back and win but they just don't play well in these events. I dont know if they just have no team chemistry, if they just like playing individually or what but we have the FAR superior players here and in the ryder cup and continue to lose.

Hasn't the US only lost once in the Presidents Cup? Seems like the problem has been the Ryder Cup and not the Presidents Cup.

I’m watching.

DeChambeau is f’ing ripped

His arms are huge, but so are his butt/legs/waist. He actually looks a bit fat to be honest. But maybe he's got ill fitting pants.

And we look like shit so far except for Tiger

He looks like he has been pumping creatine and is carrying a bunch of water weight.

Hasn't the US only lost once in the Presidents Cup? Seems like the problem has been the Ryder Cup and not the Presidents Cup.

Mostly just talking about this generation of the team, they looked so uninspiring in France and now it seems like the same. I just thought that would have had them coming out on fire last night. But yes, we do dominate the prez cup historically.

Today is alternate shot, which the other guys have traditionally sucked at. I still bet we come back. I was watching it last night and again have to give some love to 1 of my favorite players, Louis. Dude is 1 of the few non Euros with a winning record against us and is also usually money at the WGC match play. And has the sweetest swing in the history of the game (sorry Tom Purtzer). The other thing that hurts the other guys is Branden Grace was in poor form this year and didn't qualify, and Day had to withdraw. All our guys are ranked in the top 25, whereas only Louis and Hideki are on that team. And Hideki and Scott have balky putters. The only guys they have who remotely scare me are Louis, Leishman and Im. If we lose, it'll likely be because our guys aren't in good form because they're playing it in December, and most of our guys haven't been playing a ton recently. BTW, love the course. Any of you good golfers ever take a golf vacation to Melbourne?

Jet lag to Australia is no joke. Plus we have a lack of familiarity with the course and the wind. The course is not a links course but plays like one only with more run, if possible.

Not sure we can come back from this deficit however. Tiger didn't do Webb any favors in pairing him with Reed. Just don't know if we have many guys who are tenacious enough for this kind of competition. Tiger has the grit but not sure about the others, maybe Reed. We need some guys like Arnie, Raymond Floyd, Lanny, Payne Stewart, Ben Hogan. I think you have to have a mean streak on the course in order to be good at team competiton, especially on the other team's turf.

Now someone will probably tell me that some of the guys I named had horrible Ryder Cup records :)

A lot of uninspiring play across the board. DJ/Woodland particularly had it rough.

I'm straight up rooting for the internationals.

America has traditionally been excellent in AS at this event. Today should be fun. The pin locations are all pretty ridiculous too (close to the edges of greens) which will make this a blast. Fun event so far. Hope tiger keeps romping.

Webb drew the short straw?

rtgbb6mini.jpg

Patrick Reed is trying a new sand wedge this week.

Back