• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Oh, Jeremy Corbyn

MHBDemon

Reaction score

What’s the joke?

The joke is on those who think a swing to the far left is the best way to defeat reactionary populism.

The joke is on those who think a swing to the far left is the best way to defeat reactionary populism.

Nah, let's keep trying the same shit that's been losing for a decade instead.

This was clear as day about Brexit. Boris successfully framed this election about it after the Tories failed to do that in 2017, aided by the pains of essentially a hung parliament as they failed and failed to get a Brexit deal passed. The seats that turned this time all voted Leave, while Labour and the other left parties made gains in Remain seats.

Also worth noting Labour/Lib Dem/SNP/Green collectively are over 50%, yet the UK will get a Conservative majority government. With a few exceptions our electoral systems worldwide are illogical, at least besides their ability to keep moneyed interests in power

Also relevant:

Brexit deadlock fatigue plus a horribly unpopular candidate for prime minister in Corbyn. I am sad for younger Britons that their futures will be constrained by Brexit, but I am not sorry that Corbyn took a huge loss and presumably won't be Labor leader for much longer. I don't think his vision for Great Britain or his personal morality are good or desirable at all.

This was clear as day about Brexit

According to the exit polling, Brexit was 3rd on the list behind Corbyn and concerns over spending & debt.

Indeed. But I can't wait to hear newengland and others tell us this is why we need a Biden/Butt ticket in 2020.

Look inward my son and try to figure out if maybe you and MHB are doing it wrong. Maybe you're not, but at least have the self-awareness to examine it. Feel free to pm with answers.

Climate nihilists have won in the US, UK, and Brazil. Nothing short of radical change will stop them. Jezza was not a good figure to lead Labour. Bernie is an imperfect leader for the Democrats. Doesn't change the moral imperative.

People say Bernie is an anti-Semite?

White people and definitely media can’t sustain outrage about racism, nativism, religious bigotry against blacks, Africans, and Muslims like they can about real or contrived anti-Semitism.

Not yet. More they like to say he's got problems with women and minorities, his record notwithstanding.

Though in both the US and UK, Trump and Boris can outright say "You dumb money grubbing Jews have to vote for me! Who else are you going to vote for, the people who think Palestine should exist?" and media covers it with a smirking tsk tsk. But if Ilhan Omar or AOC or Jezza or Bernie or anyone else expresses support for BDS or questions Israel in the slightest, the anti-semitism label gets slapped so hard and so fast.

Good points above. The media just never gives the left a fair shake.

ELpJr9XUYAM6qFl.jpg

in defense of Corbyn, and I don't really know that much, but my understanding is that he never really wanted the leadership position and fell into it by default

Back