• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Xavier Musketeers - 4 pm Saturday - ACCN

Les had the actual attendance around 5800. I truly feel only way Manning to keep his job is to finish around 500 for the year and I just don't see that happening.

These guys have been through a world of shit. I totally support firing Manning but I'm not going to begrudge these guys a big win.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ChrisL68 again.

These guys have been through a world of shit. I totally support firing Manning but I'm not going to begrudge these guys a big win.

That and rooting for them from the comfort of my home has absolutely no bearing on whether Manning gets fired or not.

That and rooting for them from the comfort of my home has absolutely no bearing on whether Manning gets fired or not.

Hell we don’t even know if winning or losing has any bearing on whether Manning gets fired or not.

Some dope on Facebook saying where are all the people who want Manning fired now? Where all are still here dumbass!

Very good D effort. Best team D I've seen us play under Manning....

Very good D effort. Best team D I've seen us play under Manning....

Yes, today the team had the most energy and effort I've seen in quite a while. Good defense isn't just about effort, but that is where it starts.

Les had the actual attendance around 5800. I truly feel only way Manning to keep his job is to finish around 500 for the year and I just don't see that happening.

Agreed. I was there as well and it makes me sad to think that a game against a ranked Xavier team at 4:00 on a Saturday afternoon and myself and 3 others were still able to move down from our original seats to right behind the bench. I had fun and it was great to see the team win, but geez I really hope that Wake and Danny can move on after this year. Happy for the team.

Was fun to check in on a game against a ranked opponent, follow the game and have us win. I would have bet any amount of money that final 3 was going in.

Neath is good. So is Massoud, but he lacks confidence. Both should get a lot more run.

Two straight good games by Neath. Hard for Massoud to gain confidence when he gets pulled after scoring. In his three minutes in the second half he hit a three, stole a pass, got a rebound and had an assist. The three and the assist came on consecutive plays. He was immediately yanked and sat the bench the final ten minutes despite Mucius and Oguama fouling out. Go figure.

I want Manning fired tomorrow.

But. Outside of beating The Holes, Dook, and Wolphpak... I want this game.

I'm not mad we won.
Tomorrow can resume the regularly scheduled "lose every game" marathon.

And it will.

This was a deserved win. Period.

Agreed. I was there as well and it makes me sad to think that a game against a ranked Xavier team at 4:00 on a Saturday afternoon and myself and 3 others were still able to move down from our original seats to right behind the bench. I had fun and it was great to see the team win, but geez I really hope that Wake and Danny can move on after this year. Happy for the team.
If and when we get good, it will take years to get crowds back. Two generations of graduates have zero connection. Older alumni, tired of yearning for days gone by aren't going to re invest. Going to take years of superior marketing.

Sorry Mack, people will flock back once we start getting in contention for an NCAA bid. Crowds were good during the late season run to make the tournament, we just couldn’t maintain success.

Two straight good games by Neath. Hard for Massoud to gain confidence when he gets pulled after scoring. In his three minutes in the second half he hit a three, stole a pass, got a rebound and had an assist. The three and the assist came on consecutive plays. He was immediately yanked and sat the bench the final ten minutes despite Mucius and Oguama fouling out. Go figure.

I’ve been impressed with Neath. He is very strong with the ball and generally makes good decisions. His athleticism and strength allow him to finish in traffic.

I was hoping for more from Massoud. He still looks like a good prospect - good height and shot. But at this point he seems to have weak hands. Many times he’ll get his hands on a rebound but he won’t be able to secure it.

This is coaching, but both Massoud and Wynn take a lot of contested threes. They need to be more patient and wait for open shots, like Chaundee does.

Back