• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Xavier Musketeers - 4 pm Saturday - ACCN

I’ve been impressed with Neath. He is very strong with the ball and generally makes good decisions. His athleticism and strength allow him to finish in traffic.

I was hoping for more from Massoud. He still looks like a good prospect - good height and shot. But at this point he seems to have weak hands. Many times he’ll get his hands on a rebound but he won’t be able to secure it.

This is coaching, but both Massoud and Wynn take a lot of contested threes. They need to be more patient and wait for open shots, like Chaundee does.

Massoud needs more arm and hand days with Ryan Horn.

Shot selection sometimes with experience. A shot that was open in HS may not really be open in college because defenders are taller, longer and quicker in college.

Some dope on Facebook saying where are all the people who want Manning fired now? Where all are still here dumbass!

I saw this one on Instagram:

@bc_zero your pops scored all 9 points in OT, earning a win against UNC for an ACC title in 1995. You had the last 10 tonight in a win that felt, from the stands, similar to that. Enjoy this moment.

I saw this one on Instagram:

@bc_zero your pops scored all 9 points in OT, earning a win against UNC for an ACC title in 1995. You had the last 10 tonight in a win that felt, from the stands, similar to that. Enjoy this moment.

Sometimes I wish I was ignorant enough to just drink the Kool-Aid for things like this and float through life.

Ron Wellman wins again!

Great win for the team. Manning has sucked quite a bit but there were some times today that the coaching was good. And I have to give credit to Manning for finding Neath and Oguama. Despite their rankings, these guys can play. That said, I think there is some talent on this team and they could be a better team if they were well drilled.

I can’t pull against the players though, except maybe chil. The talk and gestures at the end, cmon dude. Chuandee though, I can’t pull against that kid. Plays his ass off every game. Willed us to a win today.

Ron Wellman wins again!

Great win for the team. Manning has sucked quite a bit but there were some times today that the coaching was good. And I have to give credit to Manning for finding Neath and Oguama. Despite their rankings, these guys can play. That said, I think there is some talent on this team and they could be a better team if they were well drilled.

I can’t pull against the players though, except maybe chil. The talk and gestures at the end, cmon dude. Chuandee though, I can’t pull against that kid. Plays his ass off every game. Willed us to a win today.

Agree with this. I’m not pulling against Childress because I assume the coaches are telling him to play like this or, at least, not telling him not to. The kid only needs to get about 18 minutes a game though. The Childress nepotism to the point where we haven’t even had another PG option has been the #1 issue of the last 4 years.

Ron Wellman wins again!

Chaundee is a lot of fun to watch play. Skill, strength, and high motor.

Agree with this. I’m not pulling against Childress because I assume the coaches are telling him to play like this or, at least, not telling him not to. The kid only needs to get about 18 minutes a game though. The Childress nepotism to the point where we haven’t even had another PG option has been the #1 issue of the last 4 years.

Chil should have been reigned in a long time ago. But to give the coaches some credit, they’re clearly running Neath as a PG. even will Chil on the floor.

Chil should have been reigned in a long time ago. But to give the coaches some credit, they’re clearly running Neath as a PG. even will Chil on the floor.

Yep they are. I like Neath. He is the only other PG option since Crawford left though.

Yep they are. I like Neath. He is the only other PG option since Crawford left though.

Some other attempts at another point guard option have failed. Some of them are players who were dismissed from the team and/or transferred.

BChill had some nice makes in catch and shoot situations with Neath in the ball handler role. Why opposing teams leave him open in those circumstances, is puzzling.

Puzzling is the anti-Chill position of so many on this board. I'll never understand it. He's scored 26 ppg in the last two games, leads the teams in points, steals, assists and is the only guy who can create his own shot- unless Chaundee plays more like he did yesterday. Without him, we'd be completely fucked.

These guys have been through a world of shit. I totally support firing Manning but I'm not going to begrudge these guys a big win.

So the coaches frustratingly have had few other options, but now hopefully they expand Neaths minutes. I can Sharone trfring

Last edited:
Neath's strength allows him to finish some of the drives Chill kills us with and BC is at his best sharing the ball and spotting up. Massoud is a rail, maybe 170-80 dripping wet so the earlier weak hands, S&C coaching points are very valid. Seems to see the game well so maybe his ball handling deficit compared to Wynn was why he didn't get more late minutes. He does need to get more run in the course of the game.

Re: coaching
Was pleasantly surprised we expanded the lead some after Xavier cut it I think to 6 mid second half from about 11:30 mark until mid 9 min when DM had both BC and Chaundee on the bench right after Chaundees second bucket of the half. 3 freshmen, 1 soph and Torry fought hard and expanded the lead despite the poor substitutions. I was wondering who the hell could score but they did well. Massoud and Neath both hit 3s. Normally we can't have BC and CB on the bench together. The kids overcame the usual bench ineptness. Loved it.

Childress is like the high scorer on a crappy NBA team. It doesn't mean that he's a great player, it means somebody has to take the most shots on a crappy team. On the other hand, you have to be good enough to make the roster of an NBA team (or an ACC roster in this case) to be the leading scorer on a crappy team.

Childress is like the high scorer on a crappy NBA team. It doesn't mean that he's a great player, it means somebody has to take the most shots on a crappy team. On the other hand, you have to be good enough to make the roster of an NBA team (or an ACC roster in this case) to be the leading scorer on a crappy team.

BChill is also leading the team in total assists and is one of only three players on the team with assist:turnover ratio above 1.

BChill is also leading the team in total assists and is one of only three players on the team with assist:turnover ratio above 1.

Someone has to pass on a crappy team too.

The qualities we revered in RChill are the same ones that make BChill so frustrating. The issue is the difference in skill between the two of them.

But I like BChill. I think he tries to do way too much at times, but he’s been on a bad team for the last 3 years and he’s the Senior now. I get it.

The problem is coaching. That’s not going to improve the rest of this season. So it’s going to continue to be a tough product to watch.

Agree with those who enjoy watching Brown. He reminds me a bit of McKie in that I wish he’d been a part of some better teams.

The other big difference between big Chill and little Chill is that big Chill played two years each with Rodney Rogers and Tim Duncan. He didn’t have to do everything and could make sure he got his big man involved.

Back