• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Xavier Musketeers - 4 pm Saturday - ACCN

The qualities we revered in RChill are the same ones that make BChill so frustrating. The issue is the difference in skill between the two of them.

But I like BChill. I think he tries to do way too much at times, but he’s been on a bad team for the last 3 years and he’s the Senior now. I get it.

The problem is coaching. That’s not going to improve the rest of this season. So it’s going to continue to be a tough product to watch.

Agree with those who enjoy watching Brown. He reminds me a bit of McKie in that I wish he’d been a part of some better teams.

I'm not sure if it's that Brandon dribbles with his head too much or that he has terrible court vision. He would get much easier shots if opponents would have to respect his passing and setting up teammates.

You can't dispute how hard he plays, but how smart he plays is a different is quite different.

On a good team, he'd be a fairly good back-up.

Yeah RJ, I think he dribbles with his head too much.

I'm not sure if it's that Brandon dribbles with his head too much or that he has terrible court vision. He would get much easier shots if opponents would have to respect his passing and setting up teammates.

You can't dispute how hard he plays, but how smart he plays is a different is quite different.

Head Down...couldn't edit

Basketball is a passing game. Under Manning we dribble far too much. The dribble is to escape defensive lock ups. Otherwise pass the rock.

Basketball is a passing game. Under Manning we dribble far too much. The dribble is to escape defensive lock ups. Otherwise pass the rock.
Yep. Watched Wofford beat UNC with a small team. They defended well and passed the ball beautifully. It’s so nice to watch.

The other big difference between big Chill and little Chill is that big Chill played two years each with Rodney Rogers and Tim Duncan. He didn’t have to do everything and could make sure he got his big man involved.

That’s fair.

The other big difference between big Chill and little Chill is that big Chill played two years each with Rodney Rogers and Tim Duncan. He didn’t have to do everything and could make sure he got his big man involved.

Heck yeah. Massive talent gap. Early Randolph ran with:

Rodney
Owens
McQueen
Siler
King
Tucker

He got hurt and the R-JR and R-SR he runs with:
Duncan
Rutland who ends up starting and was awesome pre knee injury
Blucas
Larue
Owens
Scooter Banks
Skinny Pearl

Just ridiculous what some of those dudes would do in the current ACC.

We would kill to have scooter banks right now...

Is Brandon Childress the worst consistently starting point guard in the modern era a Wake basketball. I can’t think of anyone worse.

tony chennault

Did he consistently start?

Looked it up. He started every game his sophomore year. Played 30 min/game. Averaged 9 pts, 2.8 ast. Definitely worse than Childress but he only started one year.

Last edited:
tony chennault

Just came here to post this. 2011-12. He played 30mpg and started every game.

CMM was a much different player than BChill, but I think you could make an argument for either one of them.

But not Chennault, who was “Philly Tough” but not overly good.

These guys have been through a world of shit. I totally support firing Manning but I'm not going to begrudge these guys a big win.

And he's not even a good dribbler - he gets it stolen a couple of times a game...

Like dribbling off his back foot when Xavier's big white guy switched off the high screen and BC was going to break his ankles. LMAO

Did he consistently start?

Looked it up. He started every game his sophomore year. Played 30 min/game. Averaged 9 pts, 2.8 ast. Definitely worse than Childress but he only started one year.

Chennault was philly tough though

Just came here to post this. 2011-12. He played 30mpg and started every game.

CMM was a much different player than BChill, but I think you could make an argument for either one of them.

But not Chennault, who was “Philly Tough” but not overly good.

CMM was much better than Childress IMO.

Um, you don’t remember CMM?

No kidding. CMM could not hit from 3 consistently and just tried to blow by you to the right as couldn’t go left. Much more limited as a player although definitely strong rebounder as a guard and definitely a better defender.

But in 94 Randolph carried the team to the ncaa’s. The dude played with a dislocated shoulder at the end of the season.

Back