• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Xavier Musketeers - 4 pm Saturday - ACCN

Rutland was definitely injured in March of 96, Duncan's Junior year when we beat Ga Tech in the ACC final. he then had ACL surgery (after Odom infamously questioned his toughness) and came back for the beginning of 97 (the year STanford beat us in the tourney). ACL surgery in those days usually meant missing a whole calendar year so Rutland coming back in essentially 7-8 months was really amazing and he was still a solid player his senior year, just not quite as dynamic.

Yep. Was at that game and we held on for like a 1 pt win. The Rutland injury was catastrophic. :(

Larue played backup point guard for a few seasons for the Utah Jazz.

When Rutland got hurt, I had no idea Rusty could run the point, but dude was such a great athlete.

IIRC, LaRue has an NBA championship ring from the Bulls. He played back up PG on one of the Jordan Bulls teams. Every time I saw him playing PG all I could think of was when he was forced to do it when Rutland went down.

IIRC, LaRue has an NBA championship ring from the Bulls. He played back up PG on one of the Jordan Bulls teams. Every time I saw him playing PG all I could think of was when he was forced to do it when Rutland went down.

LaRue was probably underappreciated. He was a perfect back-up PG - solid, smart, didn't need to dominate the ball, could make an open shot.

Back