• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report - Xavier Musketeers - 4 pm Saturday - ACCN

So do any of those posters who called for Childress to sit believe that we win without him on the court at end of game ?

Its gonna be hilarious when Manning is back coaching next year.

Laubug22 comment on BSD says it better than I can:

"He made free throws but also squandered our 13 point lead with poor decisions, and driving against guys 8 inches taller than him and throwing the ball up wildly. If he doesn’t do that the lead is still 10 and we don’t need his free throws"

I don't follow metrics, but I would welcome some hard data about our +/- when he is on/off the floor.

So do any of those posters who called for Childress to sit believe that we win without him on the court at end of game ?

1000000000%. We wouldn’t have needed those FTs if it wasn’t a 1 point game. It was only a 1 point game because of his idiotic shots.

Laubug22 comment on BSD says it better than I can:

"He made free throws but also squandered our 13 point lead with poor decisions, and driving against guys 8 inches taller than him and throwing the ball up wildly. If he doesn’t do that the lead is still 10 and we don’t need his free throws"

I don't follow metrics, but I would welcome some hard data about our +/- when he is on/off the floor.

Many times he gets foul calls on those drives. He fouled out one of the Xavier guys (Naji Marshall) with over 4 min left. He got both Jones and Scruggs in foul trouble in the first half (2 fouls each, early in the game).

if my math is correct, then i can deduce manning is 16-16 against teams 51-100

so

1-50 = 9-67
51-100 = 16-16
101-200 = 17-12
200+ = 28-3
70-98 overall

Great, satisfying win. All this is moot now. Everything is great. :D

Last edited:
It was nice to see a close college hoops game that didn’t come down to a FT line march to timeout fest.

Just got back, Chaundee manned up and good to see him healthy, Chill hurt us for a few second half stretches as usual but certainly helped us win, love watching Oguama's effort and believe he will develop some skills but works hard every play, Neath can play the point some for sure and let BC shoot from the wing or sit some, Mucius needs to dial back his offensive confidence and let the game come to him in the flow, Andrien contributed a lot today, Torry was OK coming out of the infirmary, even Wynn kept his head when forced to get the inbounds pass. Very little Sharone which is fine by me until he adds some discipline to his game. For 7k decent crowd noise when we needed it even got Chicken sandwich out of it!
Will take the quality W against a 9-1 Xavier team and still count on Currie to do the right thing in mid March. Go Deacs!

This must be the step Danny planned on taking. Winning a squeaker where he should have blown out an overrated Xavier team that was playing shitty while your team was mostly locked in all game.

This must be the step Danny planned on taking. Winning a squeaker where he should have blown out an overrated Xavier team that was playing shitty while your team was mostly locked in all game.

Cmon. The team played well most of the game and got a quality win.

Just got back, Chaundee manned up and good to see him healthy, Chill hurt us for a few second half stretches as usual but certainly helped us win, love watching Oguama's effort and believe he will develop some skills but works hard every play, Neath can play the point some for sure and let BC shoot from the wing or sit some, Mucius needs to dial back his offensive confidence and let the game come to him in the flow, Andrien contributed a lot today, Torry was OK coming out of the infirmary, even Wynn kept his head when forced to get the inbounds pass. Very little Sharone which is fine by me until he adds some discipline to his game. For 7k decent crowd noise when we needed it even got Chicken sandwich out of it!
Will take the quality W against a 9-1 Xavier team and still count on Currie to do the right thing in mid March. Go Deacs!

I doubt the 7k statement...

Cmon. The team played well most of the game and got a quality win.

Wake did play well most of the game. It was Danny's coaching that let Xavier almost get back in it. Could've been a comfortable 10 point win and came down to the final possession.

When Downey did it, it made PTI. It was a huge deal.

Then they made that mini retraction and asked us to stop emailing them. Tony called us dopes...ah the good old days when this shit was fun.

The top was nearly empty and the bottom was nowhere near full. Best case scenario is half
My bad. I thought majority of capacity was lower bowl but it is actually 6559 lower and 8013 upper so I will revise my misguided estimate to 5800. Quality win for those who took the time to support the guys. Maybe 3 more wins this year, but hope I am wrong. As long as he is gone.

Back