• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is your favorite season of television?

Subject matter. S3 is also great, but the school storyline just punched me in the gut. I might feel differently if I watch the series again.

Like Timmay, I really enjoy the Barksdales more, but S3 is something I can never watch again. It’s just too heart breaking.

I’m also going with S1 of True Detective. My only criticism was I wanted more explanation/background into the cult. Yellow King was just the tip of the iceberg. But I guess time is a flat circle.

Watchmen was phenomenal. My favorite since TD.

Sopranos season 1 would be my next choice, and my selection for favorite show of all time. HBO is the best.

Just finished the Wire Season 5 again. Didn't want it to end. Forgot how much I loved that (spoiler alert) they show that Michael has turned into the new Omar in the final montage. Season 4 or 1 probably the best, though.

Season 5 was like 90% trash tho. I’d like to watch S2 again with the hindsight of knowing more about the whole game. Think it’s probably better as a rewatch, just haven’t made time.

Think a spin-off thread of favorite TV character is warranted?

Season 5 was like 90% trash tho. I’d like to watch S2 again with the hindsight of knowing more about the whole game. Think it’s probably better as a rewatch, just haven’t made time.

Think a spin-off thread of favorite TV character is warranted?

I really enjoyed season 2 more than most folks, but I'm from Baltimore, and a lot of that was nostalgia on my part of the old East Baltimore docks. And I liked the Sobatka character. The only season I thought was pretty flawed was #5.

Every season of GoT that followed the books. So 1 - 4. The dialogue from the first season is incredible, the action in 2 and 3 is great, and The Red Viper is one of my favorite characters of all time.

The best single season shows? I'd go with "Police Squad" and "American Gothic."

I loved Terriers for one season - that was a show that could have gone on for years if it came along about 5 years later

The best single season shows? I'd go with "Police Squad" and "American Gothic."

Outstanding pull there with Police Squad. Certainly the best "cancelled after 6 episodes" series ever.

yep. freaks and geeks too.

The cast was perfect at that time. Hard to believe that show is 20 years old. Almost all the main cast is famous now. Good luck rolling the dice like that on a young cast now.

Journeyman would have been a good show in the current landscape. It could have focused more on the ongoing story and less on the thing of the week.

Awake was maybe two or three years too early. It would have done well on anything but network TV where it had to be a case of the week cop show.

Back