• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2020

Not much room for error if the Deacs want to take 2 out of 3. Crappy start.

Been a poor showing so far.

Long Beach has not done anything on offense, we’ve given them everything. Very disappointing. Offense in a slump too, which is weird.

Muntz and Ludowig have looked clueless at the plate through 5 games. 6 if you count UNCG

Muntz and Ludowig have looked clueless at the plate through 5 games. 6 if you count UNCG

Muntz has been bad.

Bennett should be charged with his second error just now too. It’s clear he’s not ready to be playing second base defensively at the college level. I’d rather have Crum in center and Poteet playing second. I know Walter is trying to work some guys in, but he needs to do that during the mid week games. Now is not the time clearly.

Work guys in midweek or in blowouts. Not on the road on a Friday night in an important series.

Pitching lab not helping that dude throw strikes.

The pitching lab has clearly helped him up his velocity at least. He’s pitching 97, he just has to get better command on his off speed pitches. He’s still relying on the fast ball to get him through games. To me, they make him throw off speed pitches too often. He’s still not pitching them as well as he should be yet. He gets wild when he goes away from it.

The pitching lab has clearly helped him up his velocity at least. He’s pitching 97, he just has to get better command on his off speed pitches. He’s still relying on the fast ball to get him through games. To me, they make him throw off speed pitches too often. He’s still not pitching them as well as he should be yet. He gets wild when he goes away from it.

Agreed. Most college players can’t hit 97. Just throw strikes. Wouldn’t have mattered a ton tonight with the shit offense.

If we want to be an elite team, we have to eliminate the mistakes.

4 run inning with one ball that left the infield.

97 does you no good if you can’t get it across the plate.

I don’t like the new pitch calling flip pads. Breaks the pitchers rhythm. Not what they done most of their pitching careers.

Also, their hits were mostly off his fastball...

They had like one real hit there entire game though. His off speed pitches were for balls. His defense did not help him AT ALL last night, but of course the home team scorer is going to count all of those mistakes Wake made as hits. Cusick’s fastball shut them down, when he was throwing his off speed pitches, he was giving up walks.

They had like one real hit there entire game though. His off speed pitches were for balls. His defense did not help him AT ALL last night, but of course the home team scorer is going to count all of those mistakes Wake made as hits. Cusick’s fastball shut them down, when he was throwing his off speed pitches, he was giving up walks.

Defense has been a problem for years and continues to be. Throwing strikes, serviceable defense, and no dumb base running are on coaching and it is still lacking.

imo, defense is one of the things least tied to coaching. i suppose you could argue the staff doesn't prioritize playing good defenders, but not sure that's true either. and the ncaa teams from a few years ago were really good defensively.

Back