• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2020

imo, defense is one of the things least tied to coaching. i suppose you could argue the staff doesn't prioritize playing good defenders, but not sure that's true either. and the ncaa teams from a few years ago were really good defensively.

I disagree but am curious why you think that? Defense is a lot of repetition and form/technique. Same as throwing strikes. As a Braves’ fan I’ve witnessed the massive improvement of our infield defense with Ron Washington coaching that.

Up 2-0 in the 1st. Maybe the bats finally showed up from W-S.

3-1. SUPER good to see Muntz get that homerun. He looked completely lost last night. The team still doesn’t look very good offensively. Too many swings and misses by our big boys. Lanzili and Seymour haven’t looked as sharp as they have in the past. I hope they can start figuring things out.

We strike out entirely too much at the plate.

Yeah, we look lost right now. I know they aren’t this bad, they’re actually one of the best offensively, but they just look lost. Need to find a way to hit fastballs hard somewhere. They’re taking good pitches too often early in the count. I don’t know if Walter is telling them to or not, but it needs to change.

Not figuring out the pitcher yet and not hitting well...Our fielding error gets 2 on with no outs. They come in. Tied at 3. B5th

Last edited:
The pitching has made us look silly the last 2 games. Not believing the preseason hype just yet.

B7 and we've not had a base runner since 1st inning. Cant figure out a freshman starter. He has 5 KOs in a row. Pitching better than last night's starter. "Where's the beef" for this predicted high octane O?

Last edited:
So we are just going to lay on the field while they run around the bases? These guys look clueless and have no desire to compete.

Just turned on the game via Big West Tv, only to see us make one of the worst plays on a bunt I’ve seen.

Well, if that's not Wake baseball in a nutshell. Pitcher and catcher run into each other on a bunt that results in a run. We force the rules for creative scoring! 😂😂

How many years has Walter been here and how many NCAAT appearances?

Running into each other didn’t result in the run, the pitcher literally stayed sitting while the Sat in the third base line and didn’t even try to get up while the runner walked home.

This team never does the little things and is always waiting on the home run. Still early in the season but while other teams rack up early season wins to bolster their record Wake continues to struggle non-conference.

Woo hoo. Great 7th inning D and pitching. 7-3. Think this is game. Welcome to Big Boy ball, Wake. LBS is in a down year but their experience in the NCAA shows. Methodical fielding whereas ours looks like our basketball team.

This is pathetic. No desire to win. Just call the series now, and move on. They’re going to have to earn their top 25 spot again, because it’s gone.

You can use all the cliches, “it’s only one game”, “that’s baseball”, “ran into a hot pitcher”. The bottom line is we dropped one to Milwaukee we shouldn’t have, gave UNCG a lifeline by inexplicably agreeing to resume an official game, and now completely embarrassing ourselves against an average at best LB team. Walter always sounds good and has all the excuses ready to go. Tired of the hype and frankly the execution, or lack of it, by this group of players and coaches.

Don't think we had a base runner after the 1st inning. Our plate strategy is absolutely horrendous.

The umpires were horrid the first two games. Multiple times we should have had walks with strikes called. The strike zone was as wide as the ocean. Hence, the players had no idea of the strike zone or when to swing or not to swing.

Our defense is suppose to suck. We have players that can mash the ball at the plate and slow foot speed.

The LBSU announcer is very hard to listen too.

Back