• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2020

Running into each other didn’t result in the run, the pitcher literally stayed sitting while the Sat in the third base line and didn’t even try to get up while the runner walked home.

Yuck....that even sounds worse! Must have gotten knocked out....

The LBSU announcer is very hard to listen too.[/QUOTE]

Yea, especially when he said, "Wake has one if the best offenses in the nation" about 100 times...

Try to salvage one today. Maybe we should stop these California trips.

Try to salvage one today. Maybe we should stop these California trips.

Kinda think there's something to this.

The second weekend of the season road trip was a problem for the 2016 and '17 teams, too. '16 lost 2 of 3 at USC; '17 lost 3 of 4 at Houston (0-2 v. Houston, 1-1 v. Nicholls).

Kinda think there's something to this.

The second weekend of the season road trip was a problem for the 2016 and '17 teams, too. '16 lost 2 of 3 at USC; '17 lost 3 of 4 at Houston (0-2 v. Houston, 1-1 v. Nicholls).

Thanks for taking the time to post these numbers! I remembered some bad trips but no exact details.

The bats are still red hot through 3 innings. Never seen so many groundouts to a pitcher in one series.

Finally a good couple of innings defensively. The bats are ice cold though. It’s actually pretty scary how bad they’ve been. Walter should be concerned. Their plate approach right now is god awful.

Well the IBB backfired. Walter is a genius. If our basketball coaches weren’t so bad more people would notice how bleh Walter’s 10 years at Wake have been. Forget the idea of giving the kids a trip each year and play at home like everyone else does this time of year.

Well the IBB backfired. Walter is a genius. If our basketball coaches weren’t so bad more people would notice how bleh Walter’s 10 years at Wake have been. Forget the idea of giving the kids a trip each year and play at home like everyone else does this time of year.

Truth.

Well, LBS looks like a tourney team and we do not. They are clearly better in every phase of the game. They do not sweat. We, on the other hand, we hold to our traditional distinction of unbelievably stupid plays at crucial places. Our best I think is a passed ball or wild pitch with a runner on 3rd, especially with a 1 run lead or tie game.

We are probably batting below .100 as a team in this series.

And they systematically shut down our best threat of the series in the T7. Bases loaded, 1 out. Bring in evidently ace closer Carlos who dispatches Muntz with an infield pop-up and Crum with a ground out.

Well, LBS looks like a tourney team and we do not. They are clearly better in every phase of the game. They do not sweat. We, on the other hand, we hold to our traditional distinction of unbelievably stupid plays at crucial places. Our best I think is a passed ball or wild pitch with a runner on 3rd, especially with a 1 run lead or tie game.

We are probably batting below .100 as a team in this series.
Just another year of preseason hype and then the same ole same ole. Sad really. 🥱😫😡

Craptastic start to the season.

I'm so damn tired of analytics and hearing about the incredible pitching lab. Are we trying to turn our pitchers into robots? They look ridiculous with those little fanny packs. Whatever happened to simply reacting to the game? It seems we overthink every thing. Just play the damn game how it was meant to be played.

Hopefully we get things figured out here soon, but I'm skeptical.

Back