• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2020

Man, we lost all three games and NONE were on Tuesday! Fire Walters

Meanwhile, Kevin Jarvis' kid threw a perfect game for dook in their series opener on Friday. :(

5 runs and 12 hits in 27 innings at LB State. Ouch. The concern for this team was supposed to be pitching, but the Deacs lineup has sucked (fwiw, the best batter has been the Ivy transfer Simoneit; the returning studs have been slumbering).

WF is hitting .236 on the season. WF has scored 39 runs in 7 games, which sounds decent, but 19 runs came in one blowout win. The bats need to figure it out against competent college arms or all the money spent on the state-of the art pitching lab isn't going to matter.

Way too soon to panic...

I was going to say the same thing - the Houston Astros started 2019 2-5; the Nats started 12-16, and they both went to the World Series

I get that the Deacs have a tough ACC schedule, and that they underachieved last year, but still, there is time to right the ship

I pulled up BigWest TV on Saturday and Sunday to see how it was going. On Saturday I tuned in at the exact point our pitcher and catcher collided while trying to field the bunt. Sunday I tuned in at the exact point where we had bases loaded with 1 out in the 7th, only to see our next batters go down in a flash. Maybe I shouldn't watch anymore baseball this year?

I was going to say the same thing - the Houston Astros started 2019 2-5; the Nats started 12-16, and they both went to the World Series

I get that the Deacs have a tough ACC schedule, and that they underachieved last year, but still, there is time to right the ship

Agree that there is obviously still time to turn things around. But still, it's a very disheartening start. And reminiscent of last year when we had fairly lofty pre-season hopes/expectations and had a bad first weekend. The ship never righted.

Back down to earth. The next nine games are at home. If the Deacs are going to right the ship it best start now. A season can be lost by squandering early season opportunities against OOC opponents. This is especially true when the conference schedule is front loaded.

Deacs with a grand slam to take a 6-2 lead over App. Menendez comes out needing a shut down inning and shows zero mental toughness and it’s now 6-5 with App still batting. Never seen a team hit more batters than Wake. App is 1-5 on the season.

App State update. Pitching still sucks....

(Oh, and another passed ball/WP for a run with runner on 3rd)

...and just tied it on a failed pick off at 3rd. Catcher threw it 6 ft over Simoneit's head....and just took lead on us 7-6 with sac fly. T5 and we led 6-2 @ end of 4th....

6 walks, 1hbp, 2 errors, passed ball, wild pitch. Walter is teaching the fundamentals.

Same old shit from Walter. The best facilities are of little use if the manager does not stress fundamental baseball. Just pathetic. Another lofty pre season prediction that goes down hill after the season begins

Through 4 innings, Menendez gives up one hit and one earned run. Score is 6 - 2, good guys. In the 5th inning, Walter leaves Menendez in the game while the first two batters get hits and the third batter walks to load the bases. Next batter doubles in two runs. A passed ball gets the next run in leaving a runner on third followed by a walk to the batter which leaves runners at the corners with nobody out, and Menendez is still pitching. I've seen this picture before.

Back