• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2020

In bad need of a $6 million hitting lab....

Just lost at home 11-9 to 1-5 App State....

Last edited:
Find a way to lose. This group of players and coaches don’t make winning plays or decisions. These games will doom them later in the year. What a disappointment.

Way too soon to panic...

My excitement has been crushed and we aren't even 2 weeks in. I don't know why I thought we'd be better than last year after losing Frick, Peluse, Steel, Mueller, and McSweeney. Our pitching sucked ass last year and we were losing those guys. Looks like this season will be another disaster filled with wild pitches, passed balls, wild fielding throws and errors, and high volume strikeouts.

My excitement has been crushed and we aren't even 2 weeks in. I don't know why I thought we'd be better than last year after losing Frick, Peluse, Steel, Mueller, and McSweeney. Our pitching sucked ass last year and we were losing those guys. Looks like this season will be another disaster filled with wild pitches, passed balls, wild fielding throws and errors, and high volume strikeouts.

Yeah, I know. I've really been looking forward to baseball and so far it appears that this season will be nothing but disappointing. If it doesn't get turned around in a big way, Walter needs to follow closely behind Manning out the door.

In bad need of a $6 million hitting lab....

Just lost at home 11-9 to 1-5 App State....

Nine runs scored isn't too shabby. That should be enough runs to win most games.

Its giving up 11 runs. Midweek pitching and defense obviously need more improvement.

App State scored 9 runs in the last 4 innings against our 'improved' pitching. Second verse, same as the first; a little bit louder, and a little bit worse. Walter's a pee poor coach and needs to go.

3-5 to start the season against mostly crap opponents. Hopefully we don't blow that 6-2 lead vs UNCG when that eventually resumes.

Maybe our guys should panic a little. Maybe it would wake them the hell up.

Disappointing start to the season, but WF has FORTY-SEVEN games left, including all THIRTY of its ACC games, plus the conference tourney. So, let's just see how the season plays out before firing people, giving up and declaring the season an abject failure. The "let's surrender immediately" attitude here when any WF team faces adversity is so lame. FWIW, the 2017 Diamond Deacs, who went 43-20, and pushed eventual national champion Florida to the brink in the Super-regional started that season 1-3 and 3-4.

Disappointing start to the season, but WF has FORTY-SEVEN games left, including all THIRTY of its ACC games, plus the conference tourney. So, let's just see how the season plays out before firing people, giving up and declaring the season an abject failure. The "let's surrender immediately" attitude here when any WF team faces adversity is so lame. FWIW, the 2017 Diamond Deacs, who went 43-20, and pushed eventual national champion Florida to the brink in the Super-regional started that season 1-3 and 3-4.

I get what you're saying but we knew that team would be fine. They made the NCAAT the year prior and we had essentially everyone back. This current group hasn't done anything.

In 10 years at the helm, Walter's team has been over .500 in the ACC 1 time, 2017. He has been even .500 2 other times.

Nine runs scored isn't too shabby. That should be enough runs to win most games.

Its giving up 11 runs. Midweek pitching and defense obviously need more improvement.

But if you watch us at bat, it's a lot of details we aren't doing well. Too many to list but one seems to stand out: swinging for the fences too often. Simply contact can make the difference in an inning score and an ultimate win. It's like when we have runners on 2nd and or 3rd and batter swings for his 3rd strike like he's going over the wall. Just meeting the ball led to 2 decisive runs by LBS where the batter dropped it over the infield.

Three 2020 signees from my neck of the woods - Minacci, Miller and Wilken - are complete studs...that's the good news.

The bad news is all three of them may never step on campus.

But if you watch us at bat, it's a lot of details we aren't doing well. Too many to list but one seems to stand out: swinging for the fences too often. Simply contact can make the difference in an inning score and an ultimate win. It's like when we have runners on 2nd and or 3rd and batter swings for his 3rd strike like he's going over the wall. Just meeting the ball led to 2 decisive runs by LBS where the batter dropped it over the infield.

Believe they had the tying runs on with nobody out in the bottom of the ninth, against App. Then went k, k, and k.

Still early. Obviously, need to get some momentum and wins to get their confidence back before conference play. Maybe have a nice little 5-0 run before facing Louisville.

Back