• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Former Wake commit Bryce Duke gets his first playing time with LAFC.

Thank god Vela and Mexico can't get along. Not that they need him to beat the US, but he is world class. Sucks for Josef and ATL, easily one of the top 3 players in the league.

my Fire were outplaying the champs for 55 minutes but Jordan Morris is a beast and flipped the game on its head with his substitution at half

still, optimistic about the season since we were missing two DPs, two TAM guys, and the leading scorer from last season

Chichirito with 62 touches and 2 shots (0 on goal) through 2 matches. Is that good?

Welcome to UNNAMED CHARLOTTE SOCCER CLUB FC!!!

(Underwhelming first signing tbh)

Some questions -

1 - Have they picked team colors yet

2 - Are they close on a name

3 - Are they going to build a stadium and if so, where. Absolutely love the MNUFC stadium. It is the best sports ticket in town.

Rumored to be released 3rd week of July
They will play where the Panthers play, so BoA or whatever new stadium Tepper builds

They will play where the Panthers play, so BoA or whatever new stadium Tepper builds

Cool. Look forward to seeing the colors and name. Really hope he builds them their own home. One here seats 19400. Absolutely perfect size right now.

Cool. Look forward to seeing the colors and name. Really hope he builds them their own home. One here seats 19400. Absolutely perfect size right now.

Doubt he builds two stadiums. Charlotte will be mimicking the ATL and SEA models.

Also #MLSisBack and I will be betting every first half Under for the first week or two. The rust is real.

Doubt he builds two stadiums. Charlotte will be mimicking the ATL and SEA models.

Also #MLSisBack and I will be betting every first half Under for the first week or two. The rust is real.

I hate that model for most teams. Works for those two as they draw big crowds, but love these smaller venues. KC has a really cool stadium. MNUFC is great as well. Would love to go to LAFC and see a game. Suspect Cincy will be amazing as well.

I hate that model for most teams. Works for those two as they draw big crowds, but love these smaller venues. KC has a really cool stadium. MNUFC is great as well. Would love to go to LAFC and see a game. Suspect Cincy will be amazing as well.

Charlotte will easily be top 5 in attendance, probably top 3.

Soccer specific stadium is not happening, as Brasky mentioned.

Nashville is out and Chicago has been moved to Group B.

TFC/DC United postponed. One positive test for sure and one inclusive.

Altidore completely left out of the Toronto squad today, despite being healthy. Labeled as a "coaches decision"

Over the weekend, he complained on twitter about playing in the 9:00am Florida heat.

Back