• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

KC's manager really screwed the pooch last night. Let MN back in it and didn't sub on when guys were obviously gassed. Lost in the last minute to a team missing three regulars up the spine.

Lost some decent keesh on SKC last night. No idea what Vermes was thinking not bringing subs on to protect his lead. SKC absolutely dominated the first hour of the match.

Altidore completely left out of the Toronto squad today, despite being healthy. Labeled as a "coaches decision"

Over the weekend, he complained on twitter about playing in the 9:00am Florida heat.

Sadly Jozy does more complaining than playing these days. I don't see him doing much in MLS or for the USMNT moving forward.

The problem with Jozy is he's still our best forward in the pool, when healthy. I'm not sure it's close either?

While I do think he's the starter for this cycle, if there is a cycle, I don't see him contributing in 2026, so maybe I would be fine with just letting the young guys earn their stripes in preparation for a World Cup that we can actually compete for.

The problem with Jozy is he's still our best forward in the pool, when healthy. I'm not sure it's close either?

While I do think he's the starter for this cycle, if there is a cycle, I don't see him contributing in 2026, so maybe I would be fine with just letting the young guys earn their stripes in preparation for a World Cup that we can actually compete for.

Oh yeah he's still the best #9 in the pool when he's healthy and motivated, but how often is that these days?

Is MJ involved? Steph? figured that would be a no brainer. Sponsored by Jordan like PSG.

Jordan is already running a franchise into the ground, why would we want him to touch this one?

Schoenfeld, almost as much as the red card, made all the difference last night. Minnesota were a completely different team once he came on.

Lost some decent keesh on SKC last night. No idea what Vermes was thinking not bringing subs on to protect his lead. SKC absolutely dominated the first hour of the match.

Sadly Jozy does more complaining than playing these days. I don't see him doing much in MLS or for the USMNT moving forward.

Jozy's replacement for TFC with a great strike early.

That SKC loss is on Vermes. I mean Opara and Alonso are out. Amarilla has to sit (who really is the only forward of note on that team). Those are three huge players right up the middle. And you still lose. After being up 1-0. No excuse.

Schoenfeld, almost as much as the red card, made all the difference last night. Minnesota were a completely different team once he came on.

Agreed. Mason Toye is a solid player in a counter attacking set up bc of the pace. But his touch is still pretty poor and he isn't the smartest player off the ball. Amarilla is really good. Hope the injury is minor. MNUFC supposedly has signed Reynoso from Boca Juniors. Solid creative player in the middle of the field to compliment Molino. I also though SKC looked gassed. Sort of like DC has looked this entire game.

Agreed. Mason Toye is a solid player in a counter attacking set up bc of the pace. But his touch is still pretty poor and he isn't the smartest player off the ball. Amarilla is really good. Hope the injury is minor. MNUFC supposedly has signed Reynoso from Boca Juniors. Solid creative player in the middle of the field to compliment Molino. I also though SKC looked gassed. Sort of like DC has looked this entire game.

Never fails, write off a team and they promptly score.

In Charlotte MLS news they have begun their two-week "reveal" on Twitter today.

I kind of like Charlotte Crown FC.

Great ending to another match - DC manages to come back from 2-0 playing down a man. Higuain's goal was a ridiculous finish as well.

Tab Ramos has got the Dynamo playing like the US U-20's he coached for nearly a decade. Solid defensively, lethal on the counter. The U-20's always gave superior teams problems and then lost to similar/inferior teams in the quarters.

This tournament has been great so far. Yeah the level of play isnt there yet but most all the matches have been entertaining. This Montreal - Toronto game is nuts.

If you do a reverse IP lookup on www.charlottemls2021.com you get the following two URLs below. I'll put them in a spoiler window in case anyone wants to be surprised next wednesday.

www.charlottefootballclub.com; dtsoccer.wpengine.com

New team delayed until 2022. This sucks

El Trafico living up to its reputation. 2-2 at the half and the game is wide open.

Back