• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Jordan Morris really needs to move to Europe in the next year, when healthy he is too good for this league. His improvement over the last year has been very impressive, especially considering that he torn his ACL two years ago.

Would like to see him move to a lower level EPL team that hits on the counter. He’d certainly qualify for the work permit.

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread (name and branding reveal on 7/22; debut delayed until '22)

Also shoutout to this tournament, the match times were clutch when we were in pregnancy quarantine mode, and perfect for watching a newborn. My wife has gotten a few hours of sleep the last two nights while Brasky Jr. and I watch some footie.

Last edited:
yeah, tournament has been fun -- enjoying having a game on pretty much 75% of the work day these last couple weeks

Morris is a beast and I'd love to see him in Europe

Morris seems like a player that would do well in La Liga to me.

If this whole "reveal" ends up being Charlotte FC I'm going to ignore this club for another year.

Kinda torn. Charlotte Crown FC has grown on me but I know it's going to be plain jane Charlotte FC

still think they shoulda gone for something like Carolina United but I guess they didn't want Raleigh involved

8.5/10

They didn’t fuck it up which is all that matters. I like it

still think they shoulda gone for something like Carolina United but I guess they didn't want Raleigh involved

Raleigh, Wilmington, Charleston etc. Doesn’t really work for soccer like other sports.

Raleigh, Wilmington, Charleston etc. Doesn’t really work for soccer like other sports.

yeah but MLS in the US is different since we don't have the promotion/relegation system. Wilmington and Spartanburg ain't getting MLS teams.

feel like soccer is the one sport where you can just name the club after the place and the fans do the rest

Back