Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte FC / MLS Playoffs Thread

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    #CrownTheirAss
    i like it

Kind of crazy Wanyama was playing in a Champions League final last year and yet does not really make a noticeable difference for Montreal. Orlando with a deserved win in the first knockout game.

60 mins in and the American Havertz has been disappointing

When your team leaders are MB4 and Omar Gonzalez I should have known you would choke. Toronto looks awful.

missing Akinola also hurt Toronto

Jonathan Osario had said before the tourney started that they only cared about the first three games. My guess is that played a role too.

San Jose continues to look good with a 4-2 win over RSL to reach the quarterfinals. Seattle - LAFC up next.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyDeac View Post
    San Jose continues to look good with a 4-2 win over RSL to reach the quarterfinals. Seattle - LAFC up next.
    SJ is MY SQUAD until 2022. I love Almeyda ball. That game was hella entertaining.

One positive of Columbus laying this egg tonight is that the Darlington Nagbe USMNT narrative should disappear again. He has been invisible.

I thought he was already disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    weak penalty
    Nah it was penalty, just really stupid from the MIN defender

Brian Edwards has been named the Charlotte FC Academy GK coach. Good move for him.

The American Havertz looking much better tonight, apparently a bunch of Euro scouts are watching tonight - looking at him, Busio and McKenzie (Go Deacs!)

DOOP dominating, up 3-0 in the 1st half

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    The American Havertz looking much better tonight, apparently a bunch of Euro scouts are watching tonight - looking at him, Busio and McKenzie (Go Deacs!)

DOOP dominating, up 3-0 in the 1st half
    Sporting has played absolutely horrendously, it hurts them that their fullbacks are both garbage when you can't afford that anymore in modern soccer

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Sporting has played absolutely horrendously, it hurts them that their fullbacks are both garbage when you can't afford that anymore in modern soccer
    Their LB has been getting crushed. Aaronson is just toying with him.

Makes you wonder why Besler isn't out there somewhere.

Their LB has been getting crushed. Aaronson is just toying with him.

Makes you wonder why Besler isn't out there somewhere.
    Besler is old, he has not looked good this tournament. Funnily enough Zusi looked old 2 years ago and SKC still has refused to upgrade at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Besler is old, he has not looked good this tournament. Funnily enough Zusi looked old 2 years ago and SKC still has refused to upgrade at RB.
    Yeah they need to move on from both, but Besler has to be a much better defender than what they have out there tonight.

That being said SKC should be back in this game, just can't finish. Which has been a theme all tournament.

Yeah they need to move on from both, but Besler has to be a much better defender than what they have out there tonight.

That being said SKC should be back in this game, just can't finish. Which has been a theme all tournament.
    Vermes also hasn't IMO put out his best lineups possible during the tournament offensively. He tried to shove Shelton in as a winger and that didn't really pay dividends, then when he used actual wingers he put them on the opposite sides that they would be most effective. Tonight though they just weren't ready to play and stupid mistakes cost them.

Orlando all over LAFC for 55 minutes, Nani gets a penalty saved and LAFC come back and take the lead on their first shot. Great match.