Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte FC / MLS Playoffs Thread

Jacori Hayes put one in in his first ever start for the Loons as they rolled San Jose tonight

Philly-Portland semifinal is intense. Portland had some chances to put it away and now Philly had the equalizer called back for offside. Not sure about that call.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyDeac View Post
    Philly-Portland semifinal is intense. Portland had some chances to put it away and now Philly had the equalizer called back for offside. Not sure about that call.
    The dribble and backheel by Aaronson on the second Philly goal that was called back was just filthy.

Dallas-Nashville played in front of fans last night in Dallas- has it been announced which other markets will allow (limited) fan attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDeac View Post
    Dallas-Nashville played in front of fans last night in Dallas- has it been announced which other markets will allow (limited) fan attendance?
    Some of those fans also booed the teams when they took a knee during the anthem. Great supporters.

Here's an article I saw about the decision to allow fans. Doesn't sound like many teams will allow it in the immediate future and it all depends on state regulations as well. I know the Revs sent an e-mail out to season ticket holders this week to gauge interest - but even if they do allow fans it will be at greatly reduced capacity.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/08...-soccer-texas/

say hello to St. Louis City!!

Thoughts on Name and logo? Explanation of name and logo here : https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...est-and-colors

I dig the logo

Arch City SC would have been cool

STLSC? Lolz.

Although the big take way from all the expansion FC and SC nonsense is that we just end up calling them by their city name.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    I dig the logo

Arch City SC would have been cool
    Not really a fan tbh.

And you can't use city nicknames in MLS. Kinda lame. Queen City FC was out from the start for Charlotte. Has to be the name of the city, state, or region.

I really like it. Didn't understand what the rivers were at first but dig the simplicity of the lines and font. Also looks much better on a white or non-red background.

obviously my team has the worst logo in sports, but I like this more than the Charlotte, Cincy, and Nashville logos

Miami's aesthetic is my favorite of the newer teams

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    SJ is MY SQUAD until 2022. I love Almeyda ball.
    been a tough road since this game for SJ

been a tough road since this game for SJ
    Yeah apparently excessively aggressive man marking is not the best tactical plan long term. Especially when you play the same teams every 2-3 weeks so they are prepared for it. They are just awful right now.

Scooter Banks
    Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NashTNdeac06 View Post
    say hello to St. Louis City!!

Thoughts on Name and logo? Explanation of name and logo here : https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...est-and-colors
    Outside of Chicago, this is easily the worst logo in MLS It's also the worst color scheme bar none.

Scooter Banks
    Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    obviously my team has the worst logo in sports, but I like this more than the Charlotte, Cincy, and Nashville logos

Miami's aesthetic is my favorite of the newer teams
    So we hold seasons for the Loons. In their second year of exisitence MLS had a study done on the logos fans liked most and least. So this does not take into account Miami, Charlotte, Nashville, St. Louis, Austin or the new Chicago logo (or Sacramento who has yet to make one). By far and away the two logos and color schemes that rated highest at that time were Montreal (easily no. 1) and Minnesota (easily no. 2). Do with it what you will. Got this via the club when we were picking out our seats at their headquarters for the new stadium (tour, etc.).

Loons have a top three logo, probably #1 -- I love it

Montreal is pretty boring -- surprised it was #1

Charlotte sign Riley McGree from Adelaide United and loan him to Birmingham City

Woah thatís a great signing.

3 out of 4 goals tonight have been fantastic in these play in games. Not sure if Bou's game winner in the last minute of extra time or Leal's absolute blast just now was better.