• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Orlando's keeper picks up a second yellow in penalties for leaving the line early on what would have been the game winning save. No subs left so they have to use a field player in goal on the retake. Two rounds later he makes the save and everyone celebrates the win. Unfortunately they still needed to score their own penalty first, but everyone has lost count. 5 minutes later they clear the pitch and Orlando finally actually wins. MLS!

Haven't sat down and watched a full game yet, but these MLS playoffs have been fun. The ending to SKC and SJ was bananas. Rooting for Philly to win it all.

Yeah it's been a fun play-in/first round so far. My Revs are playing well with all three DPs finally suited up, but losing Tajon Buchanan to injury and Buttner to COVID is going to hurt if neither can play tonight. 6th time playing Philly this year. Brutal.

Nashville has missed 3 or 4 easy finishes. Think Toronto grabs a late one against the run of play.

Nashville has missed 3 or 4 easy finishes. Think Toronto grabs a late one against the run of play.

Flipped it on for OT and my god is Michael Bradley slow. It’s sad to watch. Add the traffic cone dressed up as Omar Gonzalez and Nashville were bound to take the lead on the counter.

Also 2-0 NE in the first half at Philly. Woah. The MLS Madness is back.

pretty sweet second goal and huge save early for Minnesota last night in their win over 1 seed SKC

Minnesota survived the first 20 minutes where SKC was all over them but after that it was all Minnesota. Reynoso and Molino are a handful together.

Reynoso! Seattle should have received a straight red, but Minnesota makes the most of it.

Morris absolutely drills the post and a minute later Minnesota takes a 2 goal lead. Reynoso with 7 assists and a goal in 3 playoff matches. Looks like a Columbus - Minnesota final.

Ha, guess you can't count Seattle out. Will Bruin is like 40 years old in my mind.

FYI, pricing is starting to come out as people select their seats. Looks like fan section (first come first serve) is about $500 a ticket. Premium seating requires a $550 seat license with seats either $1620 or $2250 for these. Premium ticket pricing includes a preloaded food and beverage credit and snacks.

wow, seems kinda steep

for those that preordered season tix for the inaugural season for the return to Soldier Field they priced all seats at $25/game, so I got club level season tix for $425 (deferred to 2021), no seats rights down payment or anything

obviously the prices will go up on me, but even if you're getting in the game now, the club level seats are $1,275 and all other packages are $680 or less https://www.chicagofirefc.com/tickets/seatingmap

The pricing above doesn't include General Seating. Premium seating would be club level at a Panthers game, while Supporters section is behind one of the goals. I think all other lower bowl seating will be General which I would guess comes out around $1000-$1200.

Depending on demand, there could be more seating open that begins to go higher in the stands that may see cheaper prices, but all very speculative right now.

still a good bit more than Chicago

but soccer is way behind all the other professional sports in popularity up here, plus two baseball teams that overlap heavily with the MLS season

Atlanta United did a good job of filling their stadium with cheap tickets and really grabbed local interest early -- hoping the Fire move to downtown can do something similar, but signs are not pointing to yes

Charlotte FC season ticket prices came out today and it is ridiculously expensive and requires a PSL, which no other MLS team does. Which is shit considering the the stadium is already built and it will be one of the worst game day experiences in MLS. Half filled NFL stadiums (probably going to 1/8 filled with these prices) are lame soccer venues, even when at 100% soccer capacity.

https://twitter.com/MintCityColl/status/1362797383667634183

Back