• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Love the logo, the secondary logo is a bit confusing. I'm fine with Charlotte FC, just as long as it wasn't Charlotte Town I would have been okay with anything else

Help me out with some MLS history. At what point did MLS move away from “American” team names (KC Wiz) and fashion themselves after European clubs (Sporting KC)? Was it a specific league decision or did it come from the franchises?

Logo looks fine. The CLITFC logo is weird.

I'm not MLS historian, but it seems that around the middle of the aughts there was a significant shift: started to bring in older stars from Europe (Beckham in 2007 was one of the first), new teams in 2005 started using European/Latin American naming conventions, started seeing teams build their own stadiums in urban centers as opposed to using stadiums built for other sports or using soccer-specific stadiums in the suburbs.

The target audience in the early years was families with kids who played soccer and has shifted to urban young adults and families who follow international soccer, very roughly speaking

Totally disagree about the logo. It's great - the crown and the "minted" reference aren't meh at all

My first reaction was that "minted" was a really cool idea. I like it.

I'm not MLS historian, but it seems that around the middle of the aughts there was a significant shift: started to bring in older stars from Europe (Beckham in 2007 was one of the first), new teams in 2005 started using European/Latin American naming conventions, started seeing teams build their own stadiums in urban centers as opposed to using stadiums built for other sports or using soccer-specific stadiums in the suburbs.

The target audience in the early years was families with kids who played soccer and has shifted to urban young adults and families who follow international soccer, very roughly speaking

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense especially the generational shift.

The Charlotte Crown (which would eventually just become The Crown) with that logo would have been so tiiiiight.

The Charlotte Crown (which would eventually just becomes The Crown) with that logo would have been so tiiiiight.

Yeah. Plenty of time for that to become the unofficial nickname.

EdjMn9SXgAAnIkv

They should mint some commemorative coins to mark the occasion.

Back