• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

I have a few industry contacts in MLS who told me that Charlotte FC got lucky with COVID because Tepper and the Panthers staff he used were not remotely prepared to start this year, and it seems like they still have no idea what they're doing. Starting off with shitty attendance and zero local interest because nobody goes to matches is a big problem.

Charlotte FC season ticket prices came out today and it is ridiculously expensive and requires a PSL, which no other MLS team does. Which is shit considering the the stadium is already built and it will be one of the worst game day experiences in MLS. Half filled NFL stadiums (probably going to 1/8 filled with these prices) are lame soccer venues, even when at 100% soccer capacity.

https://twitter.com/MintCityColl/status/1362797383667634183

the opposite of the Atlanta model -- bad move, imo

Meh, they will still sell out. Dick move to price out half the population, but they will still sell out.

I really don't think these seats for 45.00 a game is that terrible, FWIW

QqQTnUz.jpg

The real answer is cutting lower level prices then opening up the upper deck. No idea why they didnt go that route

You keep those prices and average attendance won't break 10K. Plus the atmosphere outside a small supporters section will suck. Then nobody will want to go. You make tickets cheap the first season, create a fun atmosphere, then jack them up.

PL prices are substantially lower than that, and nobody is buying a PSL.

Last edited:
Revs tickets from that angle/level are $20/game. $45 would be midfield. And they still have the same issue with attendence because a half empty football stadium in the burbs with no public transportation is an awful atmosphere.

I'm paying $25/game for season tix at club level for the Fire

different situation and it's only a one-year promotion for the inaugural season (with fans) of the return to Soldier Field, but I think club tix are $50 retail

The pricing above doesn't include General Seating. Premium seating would be club level at a Panthers game, while Supporters section is behind one of the goals. I think all other lower bowl seating will be General which I would guess comes out around $1000-$1200.

Depending on demand, there could be more seating open that begins to go higher in the stands that may see cheaper prices, but all very speculative right now.

LOL.

These prices are ridiculous. Add in the unknowns of a team with no superstar signing thus far, no idea generally of game times and game days, and the back and forth with Panthers/city/stadium, this is a tough price and team to get behind currently.

Is it me or does a PSL policy for a new franchise in a league that desires growth make zero sense?

I guess I'm glad that I moved because if I were still in Charlotte, I'd have felt guilty not buying a couple.

The worst part about the PSL is when Teppy world gets built in 7-8 years and the only thing you'll receive from the club is the opportunity to buy PSLs again at 10x the price.

seems so obvious to me that a new team in a monster stadium should pretty much give tickets upper deck tickets away to families

hook them early, break even on concessions, build some real excitement around a new team, even if they're bad

this is MLS, not the NFL

everyone here will be happy to know the Fire will have a new logo again in 2021 after the debacle of the current logo

What a goal to start the season.

Are we looking at the two best kits currently in the MLS?? Lots of fire. And this match is great.

Back